Meltdown mode...

iowa_missie74
on 1/30/12 2:29 am - IA
This is so stupid, but I am in total meltdown mode because of not being able to find any clothes! I know I should be so happy that I can't wear any of my stuff and I am, but I am so frustrated that I cannot find anything that looks decent! My problem is that I'm short (4' 11") and have a lot of belly fat still that I have to contend with. I put something on and my legs are small, then I balloon out. I just want some uniformity and can't find it in anything I wear or put on. I just got home from Wal-mart, unfortunately the only store in my town...bought a pair of pants, shirt and camisole...the cami and shirt are fine, but the pants are tight and look great on my legs but then this huge apron of a stomach protrudes out. Ugh...I am in tears over this. Literally sobbing.

poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 2:35 am - OH
I think it's pretty common during the process of losing a lot of weight for clothes not to fit quite right.  Unfortunately, we often lose weight at different rates in different parts of the body, it seems.  I think it's something we just have to accept and do the best we can with.

I do know the feeling, because my hips are extra wide.  And they are no longer fatty, it's like the pelvic bones are very wide.  I think that happened when I was pregnant and gave birth, which was many years ago, but I think your pelvis is supposed to kind of stretch for that but then go back to at least something like the shape it was in before.  Well, mine didn't.  I have great child bearing hips.  Too bad I do not plan to have more babies!  The problem is, if jeans fit my waist right, they are way too tight in the hips.  But if they fit my hips, they are too big in the waist and kind of gape open a bit.  I just wear a shirt that covers the waist part - I don't like them so tight I can barely get them over my hips!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jameen G.
on 1/30/12 2:41 am - NC
Hey Iowa Missie,

I know the feeling ... I too have the belly thing going on.  BUT thank God for girdles, spanks, undershirts with the material that helps control the belly bulge, etc.  2012 they have a lot of things that will help pull your belly in a bit and smooth out all of the rolls. 

Don't get discouraged.  Do you go to the gym?  Faithfully? That is the only way I know to try and shape your body ...

Some of this stuff just comes with theWEL territory.  Therapy / talking with someone does help ... I know. You go through a lot of changes physically, mentally and emotionally.

Keep your chin up and go by some spanks!!!

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

Jameen G.
on 1/30/12 2:43 am - NC
Oops ... I meant "WLS territory" ...

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

iowa_missie74
on 1/30/12 4:27 am - IA
Hi Jameen...thanks for the response. I do go to the Y at least 4 days a week. 5 miles on the bike, 1 mile on the eliptical, walking the track and weight lifting. I do have a pair of spanx, I think I will give those a try. Thanks!

Jennifer M.
on 1/30/12 2:42 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
This is not your fault.  These are the fault of clothes manufacturers who base clothing sizes on the size of women's breasts.  This isn't a problem if you are proportionately sized, but no one really is.  Moreover, sizing is not universal.  One company's size 14 is different from another company's size 14.

Walmart's sizes run small, large and all over the place.   We buy clothes there, because they are cheap.  The only real solutions are to go elsewhere or to alter the clothes you buy to fit better.  I don't think I'd pay to alter a pair of jeans from Walmart.   I also don't think I'd leave the store without trying jeans on (last time I did that, they were too short).  

Don't worry... this isn't a problem unique to you or to your WLS...  Jus****ch a few episodes of What Not to Wear on TLC, and you'll see how ridiculous shopping is for every one of their makeover subjects.  

iowa_missie74
on 1/30/12 4:29 am - IA
That is very true, shopping can be hard for everyone. Maybe I'll watch what not to wear and maybe figure out what would look ok with my body at the stage it's at now.

iowa_missie74
on 1/30/12 2:43 am - IA
I figured the stomach fat would be the last to go and I do remember one of my friends wearing leggings and such. I never knew how she did it because her stomach was the same way that mine is. She definitely has more confidence in that aspect than I do. I know it will change in time, just frustrating right now.

dawnie55
on 1/30/12 2:47 am - Garden Grove, CA
Hi. im in the same boat as u ...all me clothes are way to big ..
they look awful on me ...i have found pants that look good
and they are a size 14 got a pair at Lane Bryant Jeggings boot cut
nice fitting ..of course i have my stomach pouch..need to work on
that ..i cant seem to find bras that fit ...IM ALL OVER THE BOARD
I WENT FROM 44F TO 42DD ..BOUGHT THIS CUTE VALENTINES
BRA AT LANE BRYANT THE ONLY ONE THEY HAD  44C..IT FITS
LIKE A GLOVE...OMG..  LIKE I SAID IM ALL OVER THE BOARD.
AND YES I DO FEEL LIKE CRYING..I GET DEPRESSED ALOT
I WAS A BIG BREASTED WOMEN I MISS THE FULLNESS
THEY ARE STILL BIG  BUT THE HANG :(
iowa_missie74
on 1/30/12 4:32 am - IA
Ugh, the bras are a whole other issue, lol. Unfortunately, they do hang once we lose weight, lol. Looks like a grapefruit at the end of a sock.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 298 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 253 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 150 views
Recent Topics