First day home from sergery question.

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/1/12 6:02 am - AR
 Any tips or advice to be safe? I'm still all kinds of scared about the surgery site opening and leaking. What did some of you do your first days home?
april89love
on 2/1/12 6:03 am - NC
Read books, slept, drank water.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Kenny B.
on 2/1/12 6:11 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12
Nothing, I can home Tuesday. I just took the bandages off today. Very,very little drainage. Looks real good.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

sandy822
on 2/1/12 7:42 am - FL
 I had my surgery Jan 9th and on day 7, my biggest site opened and drained and it drained untill yesterday. I pray it has really stopped for good.
Keeves
on 2/1/12 7:45 am - Elizabeth, NJ
My was laparoscopic, with no drains. Just six one-in*****isions. No leaks, no nothing.

Lots of drinking and sleeping.

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/1/12 8:13 am - AR
 I also had another question for all of you. How long did it take before u could finally pass gas to relieve bloating? I'm fairly bloated now making it hard to sip my water and protein and no matter how much walking I'm having no luck?
kathy_jean
on 2/1/12 8:28 am - PA
RNY on 01/16/12
I walked and walked to get rid of mine.  It will get better in a day or too. Just remember to sip and not gulp your drinks. 
Kathy    HW 203   Surgery Date 1/16/12

Kenny B.
on 2/1/12 8:37 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12
I started passing late last night. Been going ever since. Be sure you go to the bathroom because your bowels will be cleaning themselves out. Expect to see blood, but thats normal. It should clear up after several trips. If not, keep check on temp. and dizziness and call your Dr. I placed the call this morning. Everything is OK now. Back to normal.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Alicia T.
on 2/1/12 9:57 am
RNY on 01/25/12
 I had surgery last Wednesday and I don't think I passed gas until Friday or Saturday.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/1/12 9:19 am
I rested a lot.  Sipped liquids,  emptied my drain,  answered work e-mails.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 521 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 528 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 387 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 92 views