Question about post op vision?

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/2/12 11:15 am - AR
 So my eyes are a little messed up where I probably need glasses but since my surgery I have had a noticeable decrease in my vision like words and things seem to be a lot more fuzzy. Do any of you know if the surgery or huge increase in protien can effect vision or has this happened to anyone else?
sknd34
on 2/2/12 11:19 am - West Fargo, ND
I have that after any procedure where I have anesthesia. Mine normally lasts a couple of weeks. And of course, I ended up with 3 dilatation, so as soon as my vision would clear up from one procedure then I had another procedure, so I had decrease in my vision since surgery about 2 months ago. Just starting to clear up now.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
shellbell75
on 2/2/12 1:40 pm
My vision decreased after surgery. When I went to the eye dr she told me to invest in dh's vision plan @ work. Sometimes after surgery your vision can change due to changes blood sugar. She said it can get really bad and then level out again or just stay bad. Personally, I haven't seen a change (good or bad) since that inital decrease.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

kidnamedtoad
on 2/2/12 2:10 pm
I was told it was going off of bp medicine that changed my vision.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Chilipepper
on 2/2/12 2:19 pm
How old are you...its called middle age.   It has nothing to do with the surgery or the vitamins after sugery.  (unless you have completley neglected your vitamins)  ...then it won't only your vision giving you problems.    I would  go have your eye checked...but its your eyes..not your gastric bypass. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Reel
on 2/2/12 3:24 pm
 I'm not taking any meds, and I had terrible vision changes. It took about 2 to 3 weeks for my vision to recover. My vision was so bad I couldnt even disguinish prescription bottles, even with glasses on. I was kinda worried but somehow knew it was a result of the surgery. Vision cleared up by week 3, and now I'm just dealing with my usual "blind as a bat" self. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 529 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 96 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?