What are sugar free preserves?

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/13/12 5:05 am - AR
I got ok'd by my nut to eat plain Greek yogurt with sugar free preserves problem is I don't know what preserves are lol.

jazzycatz
on 2/13/12 5:07 am - Joppa, MD
Jam or jelly

LisaJean
on 2/13/12 5:11 am
lol.. you can find them in the grocery store next to the jelly.  It's the same thing but with whole fruit.  
Lisa Jean            
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/13/12 5:17 am - Baltimore, MD
What they said. I LOVE me some Smuckers sugar-free apricot preserves!!! Interestingly enough, I like them atop (something) with salty gorgonzola cheese.
DannyBoyDVG
on 2/13/12 5:17 am - AR
 Tank you guys I felt stupid for asking but I had to know lol.

poet_kelly
on 2/13/12 5:49 am - OH
It's like jam... but there is no sugar thing as sugar free preserves.  You can get no sugar added preserves, which means they don't add any sugar to it, but preserves are made of fruit, and fruit has natural sugar in it in the form of fructose.

I find it discouraging when nutritionists send patients looking for non-existent things like sugar free yogurt or sugar free preserves, which do not exist.  I would think a nutritionist would realize yogurt always has lactose in it and fruit always has fructose in it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 2/13/12 5:58 am
 It is very easy to make your own from fresh fruit and you will know what is in it.  Just mash the fruit and gently heat it in microwave or on the stove.  Stir it to keep it from burning.  You can add a little water to help it along.  If you are in the pureed stage, then put it in your food processor. Add Splenda or your sweetener of choice as an option.  

If you use a frozen fruit you will be back to wondering what is really in it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 520 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 528 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 387 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 90 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?