Pasta???

jojo3283
on 2/18/12 5:55 am - OK
So love pasta and know that wont be able to eat it like I use to... but can I ever have any type of pasta and when ? What kind??  (am 6 months out)

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Tri_harder
on 2/18/12 6:42 am, edited 2/18/12 6:44 am

Whole wheat pasta and quinoa pasta were in my plan on discharge from the hospital.  I had a very liberal diet compared to what people seem to eat now.  At any rate eventually you can eat everything.  It is important to learn serving sizes for further down the road so that you can maintain your weight loss.  I am following the diet plan I was given during the Restore trial that I was in.  I limit myself to 1/2 cup of pasta at a meal.  I would like more but have to stop myself at 1/2 cup.  I can have 2 to 3 servings of whole grain starch per day.   What does your plan tell you to do?  Tri 

vmeyerw
on 2/18/12 6:52 am - belfield, ND
they have that pasta i think its barilla thats has extra protien in it .. i like egg noodles too i eat all kinds of pasta doesnt really bother me . i just dont eat it all the time and when i do eat it its not very much.. but i have been eating it since 3 weeks out
RonSudol
on 2/18/12 7:59 am - NJ
Shiritaki Noodles? lol.. you can eat as much of that as you want with no guilt ****il you fill up on it).

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

wendydettmer
on 2/18/12 8:15 am - Rochester, NY
I am loving spaghetti squa**** has a really super mild flavor and handles sauce well.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

boilerbabe003
on 2/18/12 8:21 am
I eat the shiritaki noodles as well.  The angel hair is good but I don't like the thicker noodles.  I believe the entire bag is only 45 calories, so you don't have to worry about calories.  I have tried spagehti squash and while it's ok, it seems to get cold quickly and turns into a blob.

Check out some of the Hungry Girl recipes with the shiritaki noodles.  She has some great ideas.
KatCooper
on 2/18/12 9:36 am - Collierville, TN
I have a hard time with pasta.  It seems to clump back up in my pouch no matter how much I chew. Home made pasta is a real killer!!!  I love it, but rarely do I miss it.  :-)  I hope you have better luck that I did.  I am only 8 months out, though, and I suspect that will change.

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

T. Deeds
on 2/19/12 1:29 am
I'm 9 months post op and just finished my lunch- spagetti with homemade meat sauce.  I tolerate pasta just fine, the only problem is that it's a bit of a slider food for me.  I can eat more of it than I can other foods.  But, I still eat WAY less than I did pre-op.

hedrider
on 2/19/12 8:24 am - Midlothian, TX
 You can have anything you want technically.  There are no bells or alarms that go off if you try to eat something.  :)

I weigh my benefits on anything I eat.  Pasta holds ZERO nutritional value for me, and I'm not especially addicted to it so I just don't bother with it.

If I do make something that "needs" pasta or rice I usually substitute it with quinoa or squash or zucchini.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
Recent Topics