What is your favorite protein shake?

kathyshrinks
on 3/14/12 3:28 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I have been using Syntrax (Nectar) Chocolate Truffle, and I like it, but I am willing to try others.  I am even willing to branch out into other flavors - shocking, I know.  I want to mix it with milk - it feels more substantial to me - like I am having a meal or a treat instead of just drinking something.  Any good brands and flavors you can recommentd that taste great mixed with milk?  I have heard good things about Unjury Chocolate.  I tried the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte, and it made me nauseous, which I thought was weird.
brown_eyed_girl_1981
on 3/14/12 3:43 am
I like the Syntrax Nectars the best. If you like tea you may like the lemon tea flavor thats my favorite. I just ordered one of the naturals so yesterday was the first day I tried it (the natural orange) it's sweetened using stevia it's not bad, to me it kind of tasted like sunny d. I had surgery in 2006 and the one thing I miss is the taste of orange, my pouch and body do not tollerate orange juice at all. I'm going to try to make mine into a slushy today and see how I like that. The Roadside Lemonade is another one I like as well. As far as ones being mixed with milk I'm a strawberry person, I hate the vanilla flavors, and I'm not suppose to have chocolate (allergy).
I did have Matrix chocolate before though, It's good warmed up and tastes like hot chocolate, I haven't seen it in a long time though.
Alot of the sites will allow you to order samples of the different flavors. I know vitalady.com has some.
♥Pam♥
RNY  8/16/06  Starting weight 262 / Current weight 152
ORIGINAL GOAL 160/ NEW GOAL 140   
poet_kelly
on 3/14/12 4:01 am - OH
I love the Syntrax Nectar cappuccino.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dragonlady004
on 3/14/12 4:38 am - MS
RNY on 02/23/12
smoothie king gladeator 45 grams of protien per shake  if i get it at the store i get double pineapple, if i make it at home i use ice instead of milk( can not drink milk anymore) and i  like to add a touch of caramel extract  to it.  sorry my spelling is bad today for some reason. also will use root beer, bannana, choc. rasberry, or watermelon extract  to them. that way i dont have to have the same shake day in and day out.

i can not use milk but i use a touch of water with crushed ice and it makes a great smoothie!!!! extracts and sugar free syrups are also great to come up with ideas for different taste.
HW: 465.5 SW: 290 CW: 270         
InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/14/12 4:40 am
About Time protein powder is my absolute fav! I think my top 3 flavors are Birthday Cake, Chocolate, and Cinnamon Swirl.

I love them for 3 reasons, 1) they are delish, 2) they mix well with everything, 3) they are no sugar/carb, low calorie and no artificial sweeteners.

You can google the brand and find it cheap, but you can also buy samples from their website
www.tryabouttime.com

Good Luck Branching Out!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Martha P.
on 3/14/12 4:52 am - Timberlake, NC
BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder - Chocolate -Peanut Butter, is what I use.  I put it in the blender with milk and ice and it makes a great milk shake.   I get it from Amazon.   

Martha P.

flyingwoman
on 3/14/12 4:56 am
Syntrax Lattes Cappuchino in my morning coffee. Yum.

Alternately, Nectar Lemon Iced Tea with a stick of raspberry crystal light.
azreggie
on 3/14/12 5:48 am - Tucson, AZ
I am a big fan of the Nectar Cappucino myself.  I mix it with water and stir then I add some coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer.  I have this every day but sometimes on the weekends I will have Nectar Vanilla Bean Torte with a little chai tea Torni's mixed in.  Try diluting the vanilla a little and mix to taste.

Reggie

JerseyJim
on 3/14/12 5:56 am - Sayre, PA
I use a RTD shake I get at Costco.  Premier Nutrition Vanilla or Chocolate.  Not delicious and not terrible. I use them because they are convenient and cheap.  They have 160 calories and 30gms of protein. I typically drink about five per week usually after I workout.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

stlfocus
on 3/14/12 7:22 am - IA
EAS Carb Control premade - either in dark chocolate or chocolate fudge.  Not a fan of the strawberry or french vanilla.  About $5.00 for 4 pack at Walmart.

Most Active
Recent Topics