Four month stall

westwoodbob
on 4/11/12 10:35 am - Olympia, WA
I know there a lot of others hoave experienced the four month stall. My surgery was 11/30. I lost 30 pounds the month prior to surgery and 70 since for a total of 100#. For the past three weeks I have stalled. My calorie intake is about 800 and I exercise every day. I follow all the rules.

For those who have had the stall how long did it last. What should I expect for the next six months. I want to loose another 20#.

Ready2ChangeMe
on 4/11/12 10:49 am - Canada
 I found that I stalled when I started exercising...it is due to the building of muscle and that muscle weights more than fat...mine lasted a month.

_Donna_
on 4/11/12 10:56 am
If you are going to exercise, you need to eat more than 800 calories.

RNY 5-5-2011

Dee.spunk
on 4/11/12 12:08 pm - Sacramento, CA
I'm at the same stall. My surgery was the same as yours. Is good to know I'm not the only one at a stall. I've list about 50 since surgery, but haven't lost a thing since last month. I also follow all the rules, drink my water, excercise and still, I've been at a stand still. So, I have no recommendations for you, but it's nice to hear we're in the same boat.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

ladyhoneybee6
on 4/11/12 8:21 pm, edited 4/11/12 8:45 pm
RNY on 01/30/12
Try drinking more water and uping your protein check with nutrition to see if you are eating enough food for the workout you do

Addie1od
on 4/12/12 3:07 am - philadlephia, PA
yup... same surgery day and same stall. i have only lost about 53 lbs and am very stressed out. in getting my clearance i found out i have severe aortic stenosis and am looking at open heart surgery in a few months so my ability to exercise and help this process along has been seriously constrained. i have been using the myfitnesspal to try and track and regulate my protein and calories (limited to about 1200)but it sure feels like a losing battle at the moment.

hang in there - the process works.
be good to you.
~addie
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views