Celebrations and holidays; yuk

BWB
on 5/27/12 1:19 pm
 Okay...I've been a very good girl about not splurging and avoid food traps like pitch-ins etc.  but today, we started off with a B & B guest and my usual fritatta with mushrooms, onions, cheese and asparagus.  That was fine, I have a small portion all the time, however, it is also a holiday AND oldest granddaughter's 12th birthday.  For her party she likes to bring her friends to our place which has lots of things to do and is like a park.  Right after the fritatta I fix pizza dough for 8 little girls and 4 adults to make their own pizza for lunch.  That even went well and I had a small pizza, the first one in one year....no coke jus****er to drink,  I'm feeling pretty proud that I have managed small tastes but maybe a little too confident and didn't plan ahead like usual,   sooooo for dinner, My son fired up the camp fire pit and served beautifully browned hot dogs.  OMG  how did I ever eat hot dogs?  They are horrible even if they are roasted over a campfire.  Of course angel food cake and ice cream was served for the birthday girl and I ate part of a serving.  Again...horrible.   My stomach is screaming at me.  I will never do that again.   

Has anyone else tried to go back to comfort foods to discover they aren't as good as you once thought?  What are they?

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/27/12 1:32 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 The closest I've come at this early stage is sugar free Jello with Cool Whip Free. I've read the carb numbers on the tub three times and can't figure out how the Cool Whip makes me feel sugared out. I'm not going to finish the stuff even if it tastes like childhood on a cloud. Something in it makes me sick. Darn it.

You're a good grandparent, making all that food for your loved ones. If my loved ones want me to feed them, which I would love to do, they're going to get bariatric food, just more of it, and they're taking the leftovers home with them. I'm not as strong as you.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/27/12 2:29 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
this weekend has been hard for me , a daughter and 2 grand kids came to the lake with all sorts of snacks then a pot luck today and poker , usually would have wine and lots of all the good food , of course every salad had mayonaise in it, and I ate a little of everything, no wine though.
I can't wait to get home and back on a happy schedule !!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

dasie
on 5/27/12 7:48 pm
Yes...it is an eye opener. 

JJ_
on 5/27/12 9:08 pm
Nope, I haven`t gone back to comfort foods....as yet.  I say as yet, because I am sure to try it at some point.  I am 5.5 months out of surgery.  You are a bit further ahead of me.

I guess you have had a good lesson that some things may have good memories, but are no longer appropriate to eat ;)

Judy
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 491 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 53 views