Pure Protein Bars - New way to Eat - This is delicious

darlingdeb
on 6/15/12 2:04 am - OH

Hi - I've been struggling to get my Protein in every day.  I bought Pure Protein Bars and got the "S'mores" and "Chewy Chocolate Chip".  I read somewhere that someone nuked a bar of some kind and I thought to myself I would try that also.      WOW - The S'mores and the Chewy Chocolate Chip nuked for 15 seconds is like HEAVEN!!  You have got to try these.  S'Mores bar is 19G Protein, 2G Sugar, 180 Calores, 20 Carbs.  The Chewy Chocolate Chip is 32G Protein, 4g Sugar, 310 Calories, 29 Carbs.  I don't know about you all I can only eat a 1/4 of a bar at a meal.  They have other bars but I have not nuked them.  Very good bars!!!     Debbie
donitta
on 6/15/12 5:21 am - OR
RNY on 05/15/12
Sounds good! How dense are they? I'm at 4 weeks so can't have bars that are dense yet... but my mouth is watering for them!
HW - 317; SW - 298; CW - 260              
darlingdeb
on 6/15/12 5:40 am - OH
The Chocolate Chip is dense but not the S'mores but as long as you nuke them they are pretty easy to chew and swallow.  You may want to wait another 2 weeks or so before you try them.  I was 7 weeks before I tried Protein Bars.  I have been on them for a week and they don't bother me at all.  Debbie
hedrider
on 6/15/12 5:53 am - Midlothian, TX
   The solid ones are dense, but the others are less so.  Strawberry, blueberry, s'mores... the less dense ones... they are very high in sugar alcohols and give me HORRIBLE gas and bloating.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

darlingdeb
on 6/15/12 5:57 am - OH
Yeah everyone is different.  I guess you just have to try one to see if it effects you.  Like I said I have no problem at all.
hedrider
on 6/15/12 5:53 am - Midlothian, TX
Hmmmm... I prefer the chocolate deluxe, I just might try it.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Katie C.
on 6/15/12 8:26 am - chugiak, AK
Those were my staple for hiking, before my surgery. (yep even at 253+ pounds I still got out and do 30 mile hikes etc LOL I loved those bars. I am only  6 weeks out and have been afraid to try them, thinking they might be to heavy. Also, I never thought of warming them up that is a great idea. I am gonna give it a try. Thanks for the post! 

Katie
"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"

ibelieve_inme
on 6/15/12 12:33 pm - MI
LOVE pure protein bars...peanut butter is my fav and the s'mores are wonderful.......the chocolate chip are ok the choc. choc I thought were gross, but I may try them warm.....the peanut butter carmel are good too!!  I'm 6mos. out and I have one everyday to help with my protein.

I have also tried the LUNA protien bars.....tastes like a candy bar.....but makes me dump!!
Have also tried the quest bars (all of them) very dense, love the face that they have so much fiber though......only like a few flavors.

Sticking with the pure bars and they are much cheaper to buy....(Walmart  $6 or $7 ) Target also has more flavors at a lesser price!!
 I Believe.......   HW 267    SW 251     Goal Weight  160  
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views