Any couples gone through RNY "together"?

mikerccie
on 6/20/12 4:28 am
RNY on 02/28/12
My lovely bride is starting the paperwork/class process for RNY surgery - if her proposed date works out she would be about 6.5 or 7 months "behind" me.  Has anyone here had their partner do RNY?

Thanks in advance!

courtwillbehealthy
on 6/20/12 4:31 am - burlington, VT
 No my husband is 135 lbs at 6 foot :P BUT he did and is still completely changing his eating habbits for me so he can be "healthy" with me and my kids. 

though he does not need to lose weight. eating healthy is a huge change for him. he would much rather a mcdonalds trip then a nice baked chicken dinner. :) 

he also supports me 100% in any situation so i feel only way he could understand any more is if he actually had to do it him self. :) 
NevillesMom
on 6/20/12 4:33 am - MA
I had my RNY about 5 months after my husband. WE are great keeping keep each other on track and being supportive.

Judi J.
on 6/20/12 4:33 am - MN
my husband had his 1 year before me. You men lose faster, I never compared and it was nice to be able to buy similar vitamins and food for both of us. It's been good. Except you damn men lose faster! lol
Capt_Kirk
on 6/20/12 4:33 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 My wife is getting the sleeve (VSG) in August on the 12th.  She'll be 2 months behind me.
jewel-twin
on 6/20/12 4:44 am - Canada
My husband will be getting RNY about 4 months after me... Looking forward to the journey.
MNJourney
on 6/20/12 5:00 am
My husband and I both had RNY. His in November 2011 and mine in December 2011. It's been an amazing journey!

HW:317 SW:255 CW:147

macjuicy
on 6/20/12 5:19 am - FL
I had mine about 2 years afetr my wife

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Christopher S.
on 6/20/12 5:22 am - Medina, NY
RNY on 01/24/12
 I had my RNY 1/23 and Colleen had VSG 3/12. I would never be where I am without her support. We have done all doctor visits and such together right from the start. 

Weight Loss Ticker

Christopher

poet_kelly
on 6/20/12 5:28 am - OH
My partner is overweight although he's recently lost about 30 pounds by dieting.  At this time, he would not qualify for WLS.  But even before he started losing weight, he said he absolutely would not want to have WLS.  He wants to lose some weight but does not want to have to make the kind of lifestyle changes necessary in order to be healthy after RNY.  He doesn't want to give up eating sugar and would be very unhappy if he dumped on it, he doesn't want to have to take so many vitamins every day, he doesn't want to eat only small portions all the time.  He does want to eat a healthier diet but doesn't want this.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 492 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 70 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?