Ramblings, Scales and Being Thankful!

jujubee4224
on 6/25/12 10:56 pm
RNY on 04/09/12
While I am in the losing phase, I weigh and take the lowest weight, usually as soon as I get up after I pee. Sometimes, I find that my weight is lower after I shower, weird huh? So I record the weight that is lowest. Yes, I weigh several times a day; after a meal, after going to the bathroom, after exercise etc. If the next day I am up a pound or more, I just ignore it and consider it a normal fluctuation, because I know that I am following my surgeon's plan. No, I do not record the higher weight. Yea, I consider myself a slower loser, just 39 pounds in 11 weeks. But, I also know that I had several bad habits that may have contribued to a slower metabolism such as yoyo dieting since 1984, irregular eating habits, missing meals, being somewhat older than the average rny'er, I'm 54, started with a lower bmi, am post menopausal and I believe that all those things affect my rate of weight loss. I have gotten discouraged and griped about my slow weight loss (and it may happen again), but I am coming to grips with the way my body is adjusting to this dramatic change that it is going through. In the end, I know I will make my goal weight, it just may not be in 6 months. It might take 9 months, a year or longer. As long as I am true to myself, I will be proud of what I have accomplished. I know that I could never have done this on my own. I love my tool and the improved quality of life it has given me.
RNY has its challenges and it takes a lifetime commitment and many times it is not easy. I have made OH my online best friend and check in several times a day. I don't live close to my surgeon so going to support group meetings is few and far between. So all of you have become my support group. I have learned so much and met so many wonderful people struggling with the same issues as me. Someday, I hope to be able to help others through my experiences as so many of you have done for me by sharing your stories. I am proud of all your successes and it inspires me to push myself when I am down. Have a great Tuesday and keep plugging along.
julie

Heidi T.
on 6/25/12 11:21 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 Jujubee you are doing great looks like you only have 66 more lbs to loose, and loosing 30+ so far means that you are doing fabolous. I dont think that you are a slow looser at all your doing great. The defition of a slow looser is not loosing 60% of your EBW by 6mths out, and your ontrack to be above that. Please dont get discouraged, your doing great. You may not loose as quickly as us heavy weights, but if you look at in the grand scheem of thing we have way way way more to loose than you do. You are doing great! Celebrate every pound and know that you are helping yourself, dont listen to anyone elese, and if the voice in your head is telling you your not doing great listen to us instead. Your doing great! Anytime you need to here that come here, and we will all tell you..

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
jujubee4224
on 6/26/12 12:10 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Thank you Heidi.
I am just taking it one day at a time. I am learning to tame my instant gratification and wanting to sprint across the finish line. I hope to post a profile pic. I have tried a few times but the picture hosting just keeps freezing up. Maybe I will try again today. Thank you for your encouraging words.
julie

southbay311
on 6/26/12 12:32 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
What a great post, you could have put my name at the bottom as well, except I'm 56. We do have some extra considerations in our life that affects how quickly we lose.  You have a great attitude and I get much more frustrated when the scale moves slowly. I wish I could take it better in stride. My weight loss has slowed greatly in the past month with only a 6 pound loss.

We will continue moving forward and hopefully downward in our weight journey

Nancy
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Mandy R.
on 6/26/12 12:50 am - Callahan, FL
You are doing great
I noticed that you are a lightweight......come on over and check us out.........if you haven't yet!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

christinalee
on 6/26/12 1:00 am, edited 6/26/12 1:00 am - At Home in, NH
Julie,

Great attitude! Us peri-menopausal, post-menopausal and hell, just menopausal, women have a whole set of different challenges. But you know what, it's the calmness that comes from being in our 50s that gives us great advantage. We understand that sure-footedness and steady progress beats the hell out of weight loss frenzy and the manic behaviors that can accompany a rush to goal (at least that's my take ~grin~).
You're doing wonderfully well. Keep the mojo flowing; they say good things come to those who wait, I believe great things come to those who work hard to attain a goal and accept the journey for what it is -- an adventure and a hell of a ride!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/26/12 1:38 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
  "sure-footedness and steady progress beats the hell out of weight loss frenzy and the manic behaviors that can accompany a rush to goal"

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/26/12 1:41 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 If you'll forgive a dumb joke, They should call you Maidenform because you're so uplifting.

But seriously, your positive philosophy helps me realign my internal compass. Thanks for the post.

TXKashmir
on 6/26/12 2:39 am - Grand Prairie, TX
What a wonderful attitude you have! I hope many newbies see this & get advice/inspiration. You are going to be one of the great success stories!!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Most Active
Recent Topics