Celebrity WLS

Hollie313
on 6/26/12 11:44 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

roseofsharonkb
on 6/27/12 12:51 am - VA
RNY on 05/23/12 with
OMG!  Did you read some of the comments that people left, some of them are so hateful and rude!

Mona  •  23 minutes ago It is a lazy way out because your laziness it what made you fat in the first place. Now you want a quick and easy solution, well its not. i hope you struggle evryday. your a blight on our society."

Niki  •  Houston, Texas  •  23 minutes ago
It totally is the lazy way to lose weight. There's no genetic reason existing for which the lap band would work where diet and exercise didn't. All it does is makes you eat less, so if you have no self-control, this could be the solution. This girl was such a lazy pig, she claimed to diet and exercise and then stuffed her face or whined through a workout. Weight loss isn't easy, and I have so much respect for people who get fit the right way rather than the easy way. Like the article said, the band doesn't change your lifestyle, you have to do that anyways to keep the weight off.

People are so mean!

"My opinions are my own, and don't necessarily reflect a sound mind or good judgment!" 

Hollie313
on 6/27/12 1:44 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I know!!!  I had to tell that Mona girl off.  People are so quick to criticize when they are
ignorant.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/12 2:22 am - WA
It is a good thing that she has her Dad to pep talk her becuase He got the Lap Band and lost all of his weight. Thats why he kept telling her "Daddy will buy you a Lap Band".
Larry Wassmann
on 6/27/12 2:26 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Thanks for posting. There are others also. Not all stars want their fans to know about it. Thinking off the top of my head I think that weather guy on the Today show had lap band and then bypass. He has done a pretty good job at keeping it off. I head that that young guy that was in the Hangover had it as well. I can not believe what people think. This is NOT the lazy way of getting the weight off. I remember someone in my family saying" Well if were as fat as you I would just stop eating". Now that person is way over weight now. Justice.  

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

exohexoh
on 6/27/12 3:26 am - West Chester, PA
 i read the article in us weekly or whichever one of those it was in. i'm glad she finally found something that works for her. as someone who watches the show i think her mother was such a bad influence on her weight (and straight up mean to her about it). the article also said her high weight was 185, which i doubt. she does look awesome though! (as do all the other celebs the article you posted do, i didn't read it just looked at the pics haha).

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

hannan
on 6/27/12 3:41 am - FL
RNY on 06/06/12
Anyone who thinks this is the lazy way out, has no idea of the work and preparation needed for surgery. I do think getting lap band when you are only 185 pounds is a little bit strange but I'm not one to judge.

exohexoh
on 6/27/12 4:46 am, edited 6/27/12 4:47 am - West Chester, PA
 i think i saw that she is 5'3" so she is on the shorter side. but i'm 5'0" and probably wouldn't have had surgery unless i was 200 lbs

edit: i just checked and that would make a 32 bmi, so technically not high enough to qualify. i think she gave the media a lower starting weight because she was pretty big

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MichelleNC
on 6/27/12 5:18 am
I think her whole family was cruel to her but her dad I guess if I had to pick the nicest was nicest to her about it. The whole diet thing and getting off of it and her mom shaking her head in the diner with her. Or her brothers with all that Italian food in the house. I know she needs to learn self control but come on enough already. Poor girl needed to put this out in the media and if it isn't bad enough I am sure her family is giving her slack for it. Carolyn did lose weight herself and AL he looks great like a different guy since his lap band but I just feel bad for Lauren. Maybe because I can relate but if my family spoke to me like that I would feel so defeated. Hugs to her I hope it works for her and that she sticks to the plan and follows her Drs. orders!!!!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Jilly Bean
on 6/27/12 5:34 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
The article or the comments don't bother me.  If none of us admit to being a little lazy then we are lying to ourselves.  I have been lazy.  I'm fat.  I take responsibility.  Sure, WLS isn't easy....BUT ......

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 486 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 327 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics