Is this going to cause me more pain....

brenlee1965
on 7/11/12 11:46 pm - New Berlin, NY
I will have my RNY, gallbladder out at the same time and my hiatel hernia fixed, too....Do you think it will be worse pain, because of all this work done at the same time or should I count this as a blessing because it's ONE time and it's all done at once? Concerned!
 Bren                
courtwillbehealthy
on 7/11/12 11:47 pm - burlington, VT
 my hiatel hernia and rny was done at the same time so for me it wasnt to bad! :) i wish they would have just taen my gallbladder out with it! Dx because im gonna be pissed if i have to have ANOTHER surgery. 
brenlee1965
on 7/11/12 11:50 pm - New Berlin, NY
I have gallstones now; and have been dealing with the pain from that....so they said they are definitely taking it when they do the RNY.....I agree with you; about ONE surgery instead of TWO; so I think I should look at it as a good thing!!
 Bren                
hedrider
on 7/12/12 12:36 am - Midlothian, TX
 Is it all laparopscopic?  You should have the same level of pain if that is the case.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Larry Wassmann
on 7/12/12 12:38 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I had RNY and gall bladder surgery at the same time 5/9/12 and I had no problems at all. Was never sick or in pain. Still have all the pain meds they gave me and I did not need them at all.    

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Chihuahuan
on 7/12/12 2:46 am - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
 Good morning,  I can't comment on the hernia portion but I just had my gall bladder removed as an emergent procedure last Friday.  My RNY was only 8 weeks ago yesterday.  I wish I had been able to have them both completed the 1st round.   The 2nd recovery has been much slower than my RNY dreamed of being.  Good luck with your surgery! 

brenlee1965
on 7/12/12 10:58 am - New Berlin, NY
Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate you taking the time to write me!
 Bren                
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 492 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 71 views