First Doctor Nutritionist and psychologist apt 7/27/12

moet321
on 7/16/12 1:07 pm, edited 7/16/12 1:17 pm
 I'm sooooo excited about my apt to find out if I'm a good candidate for the RNY. I have been wanting the surgery since my 2009 when one of my sisters had it done. I'm happy for this opportunity to change my life for ever. I've read lots about the good and the bad. Any advise helps THANKS!!!Moet321
 Small changes today will impact the results I receive tomorrow...Taking this journey one day at a time ;) Moët 

Surgery Date 9/12/2012         
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/16/12 2:20 pm - OH
If you keep reading posts here, you will get a good idea of what you MIGHT experience post-op... but everyone's journey is different and everyone's body reacts differently (some people have a very hard time eating after surgery and some have no trouble at all, for example).  

I would strongly suggest that you plan to somehow address any psychological or emotional issues that contributed to your weight problem, because surgery will not fix those things, and eventually (people usually get a reprieve from them for a number of months) they will rear their ugly heads again and make it more difficult to get all the weight off or, more usually, difficult to keep it off (and that is REALLY the difficult part).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

moet321
on 7/17/12 1:52 am, edited 7/17/12 1:52 am

Thanks somuch for your advise and suggestions!!

I have a health coach who has 20 clients per and post op that she works with on the mental and physical challenges of the surgery as well as issue on why people use food for comfort for underlining issues. I have started the process of looking at my issues and how to work through. I am thinking of the stories I read of ppl who just dont take well to the whole surgery and they are sick and gaining weight and I have to be honest it scares me sometimes...I have two young sons

Most Active
Recent Topics