"snack" food favs??

LadyOnna
on 9/26/12 6:53 am - IL
Alright friends....I have a terrible time here....I need to find some foods I can use as my in between snacks.  I will go without rather than go to something I am uncertain about and this is NOT a good thing!!  Then I become over hungry and I *know* I should not let that happen...so help me out and give me some of your suggestions. I still do a protein shake in the morning for my breakfast because to be honest with you...I still like it and I have never been a breakfast person. So what do you use other than this to help you get through the day?? (Oh, Im a year and almost one month out and have lost 183lbs to a wonderful 164. Cant wait to get some new ideas!!  Help me please...
JoDonna 
Hillery82211
on 9/26/12 7:00 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
turkey pepperoni and cheese
cheese sticks
protein bars
wasbi green peas
roasted soybeans
100 calorie almond packs
peanut butter and apple slices (single serve packs)
carrots and humus

I also keep single serve packs of my protein shake powder in snack size ziplock bags in a shaker bottle in my car.  That way I can just stop by 7-11 and buy a bottle of milk and make a protein shake.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/12 7:14 am
Fruit, protein bars, and protein shakes is about it for me. I eat nuts sometimes. I really love pistachios and almonds. I also make what I call a Ritz Tower. Get 5 Ritz crackers and put meat and sliced cheese on it and top it with a tomato and some finely grated real Parmesan cheese. It should be about 2-3" high by the time you're done and you get about 20g of protein for all of it I experiment alot with different combinations. I don't like making lunch and I don't like making snacks, so the simpler the better.
Weighting2Bskinny
on 9/26/12 7:17 am
I like to roll up deli meat and cheese
Carrots
Celery
Almonds
Pickles spears
Pepper jack cheese
Sf Popsicles
Yogurt
Sf jello
Apples

GOD BLESS YOU            
Carol S.
on 9/26/12 7:18 am - Milwaukee, WI
 String cheese, rolled up lunch meat (buy the stuff in the deli section that they have to slice), sliced cucumbers dipped in plain non fat Greek yogurt.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Dee.spunk
on 9/26/12 9:42 am - Sacramento, CA
MIni sweet bell peppers, cheese sticks, nuts, peanut butter, and jerky. those are my faves!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

tinamarie_125
on 9/26/12 7:58 pm
 Cheese sticks are a staple in my house. 
I like egg salad, deviled eggs,
half of a cliff bar,
half a pb n j with a small glass of milk,
a corn tortilla with melted cheese...one of my faves

LadyOnna
on 9/26/12 11:29 pm - IL
What is a cliff bar???  and do you use the PB2 or real peanut butter?? 
LadyOnna
on 9/26/12 11:27 pm - IL
Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions....most of the things you suggest are things I have tried...I am trying to find easy things to bring with me to ork and not have to "mess" with much. A few new ones I never even thought about too....so THANK YOU TO ALL...if anyone comes up with something new and wonderful....feel free to let me know and chime on in!!!!
Sarah R.
on 9/27/12 1:50 am
I usually do a yogurt, cheese, protein bar, nuts and fruit or a piece of toast with peanut butter and jam

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 83 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?