ur favorite protein from pre to post-op?

Mercyg
on 11/5/12 10:31 am - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 12/10/12

just wondering what are some of people favorite protein shakes...i have done some shakes before in other diets and vanilla is absolutely disgusting !!!  

Worrygirl
on 11/5/12 10:42 am - IL

my favorite is the Syntax Nectar protein powder (vitalady.com), In the Caribbean Cooler (tastes like pineapple, banana and coconut) and Cappuccino flavors.  You can order samples or a sample pack to try them out.

RNY 8/21/12

CarolF3
on 11/5/12 10:57 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

Nashua Nutrition also has them and the samples as well. It is a good idea as others have said your taste may change. I have talked to plenty of our patients who say that their taste did change.

Carol

poet_kelly
on 11/5/12 11:25 am - OH

Syntrax Nectar cappuccino is definitely my favorite.  I also like BSN Lean Dessert banana, I like chike vanilla and banana, I like ENS vanilla cake batter, I like Chike iced coffee.

You can get a bunch of samples at vitalady.com

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Candy V.
on 11/5/12 11:35 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I agree with Kelly- the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino is great. 

Vanilla is not good plain to me either, I use it to add in other things, like combine: mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, splenda and vanilla PP and it is almost like pumpkin pie flavor.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Kat Kat
on 11/5/12 12:22 pm - AZ

Ooooohhhh now wait before you condemn Vanilla.  I too was a Vanilla Hater, and have since reformed, and see the light.....Hallelujah! Life without it now would be meaningless, and empty. 

I add it to my low sugar maple oatmeal in the morning and it's awesome. I also make a Smoothie from 8 oz Skim Milk, a Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder, 1/2 cup of Frozen Sliced Strawberry's, and Stevia to taste. Yum Yum!

Kat

Mercyg
on 11/5/12 1:59 pm - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 12/10/12

Lol...I won't say straight out no to vanilla....I am just going to start my pre op liquid diet on Monday the 12... So trying to get ideas of what other people like and websites.....I am getting great feedback where I can get samples and decide with time which is gonna work best or should I say what I would like best after surgery 

Candy V.
on 11/7/12 8:55 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Syntrax Nectar - 13 ct sample pack direct from the company is now $14.00 no shipping. Just call them at 866-333-7403. There is an option on the phone for bariatric.

Try ordering the above sample pack from Syntrax, I have found 2 I like that way, the cappuccino and lemon tea.  Good way to try different flavors for about a buck each.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Mercyg
on 11/7/12 9:02 pm - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 12/10/12
Oh thank you that is an awesome price..
Cindyagogo
on 11/5/12 9:10 pm
RNY on 02/21/12

GNC Total Lean shakes...Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel,  Peach,  cappuccino

Unjury Chicken soup, Unflavored to mix in other things

Most Active