Birthday trip to The Avenue-Mad,Depressed and crying-long vent sorry

yangie314
on 12/3/12 9:42 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

I should try Torrid. They have some HOT clothes as well. I guess I wanted a NSV, but it kind of backfired (so I thought). I used to go to the Avenue and try on a size 32. If it was stretchy, it would fit. If it wasn't, no deal. Now I can go shopping and not have to put up the biggest size, so, i guess I did have a nsv

Hollie313
on 12/3/12 10:17 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

I am SO sorry this happened to you.  What Avenue?  (so I know to avoid that place) 

You have done such an amazing job.  Do not allow this to minimize your accomplishment!  You have a ways to go, so like Lora said, just know that you WILL have your choice of boots in the fall. 

Please make yourself feel better and follow through with contacting the manager.  She needs to be told how her customers are being treated. 

((hugs))

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

yangie314
on 12/3/12 10:24 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

Fairlane Meadows in Dearborn, mi. I usually go to this one because the people in there are very cool, but it looks as though they have a new crappy crew. 

Friendlybyte
on 12/3/12 10:40 pm - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

We don't have an Avenue here in CO so I have to go online unless I am visiting in CA.. Last year I ordered some wide calf boots, could not wait to wear them this Winter... Tried them on last week and they are HUGE!! cheeky Too late to exchange them so I am passing them on to my daughter who also has large calf's, it runs in the family!  I need to replace almost all my shoes, I have gone from a 8 1/2 wide to an 8 m... What the heck!!  Avenue online carries a much larger selection in boots so don't give up!!  Now I am on a boot hunt!  Good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far!! angry

Cindy~*

Jilly Bean
on 12/3/12 10:49 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I weigh 177 and have just been able to zip up boots over the last month.  Maybe you should get some pull-ons and skip the zippered ones for now.  Maybe you could measure your calf and special order some larger shaft boots.  

Zip up boots really are tailored for thinner calves.  I had to try on a couple of styles before I found one that fit comfortably (Steve Madden's Madden Girl).

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

yangie314
on 12/3/12 11:07 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

I did find some at another store that tied up. I'm going to get a pair of those. 

Jilly Bean
on 12/4/12 2:17 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Ohhh...those sound cool!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Laura in Texas
on 12/4/12 2:24 am

I'm sorry you had a tough time with this. As others have mentioned, your calves may not go down much. Looking at people's pics here, a lot of us, myself included, have big calves in proportion to the rest of our bodies, even after we have reached goal weight. Honestly it's the only part of my body that is not in proportion to the rest, but I can live with that. I do have boots that fit, but they were hard for me to find.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/4/12 3:25 am - OH

I suspect that a lot of us end up with larger calves (even if not genetically predisposed to them) simply as a result of building up the muscles just by walking when we were carrying all that weight for so long!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kim S.
on 12/4/12 2:25 am - Helena, AL

Hang in there, you'll be able to wear boots again!  I couldn't zip boots until I was at goal weight....and they just fit.  AND I never had overly large calves.....I think most boots are made for anorexic calfless *****es!  I'm a runner now so I've got big muscles in my calves so I still have to try them all on before I buy, but now I can fit in any I try.

Hang in there........and please DO NOT take abuse from ****ty sales people.  Look them in the eye and politely and calmly tell them that if they can't do their job professionally, then maybe their manager can help you.  DON'T EVER DROP THE EYE CONTACT......

Most Active
Recent Topics