OT... but need to say it

65rosesmom
on 1/2/13 5:34 am

So very sorry.   I hope you will find the life you want.   Breakups are so very hard.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Amanda M.
on 1/2/13 5:43 am
RNY on 01/18/13
Oh no....your situation is terrible. I was previously married and went through infertility problems with him. I thought I wouldnt be able to get over it or ever have a relationship again and would never have a family. My marriage ended because I wanted kids and he changed his mind and no longer did. And he was a drug using douche bag...but I digress.

My point is...I immersed myself in a new hobby that was all about my interests. I ended up meeting my now husband thrugh that and got pregnant without even trying. My mom says my body knew I was with the wrong guy and thats why I never could get pregnant.

You are going to be so drained. You are going to cry and yell and feel like your entire body is vibrating with pain....but it will get better. I hope things stay polite between you two. It can turn nasty very quickly. Reach out for support as much as you can. Do you have family or friends you can stay with for awhile through your grieving process?

You can PM me too if you want to talk. In the meantime, try to at least get fluids in and rest.

Kim S.
on 1/2/13 5:47 am - Helena, AL

Sometimes to find happiness you have to walk through hell.  I've been there, done that.  I can't imagine how my life would be had I not moved on.....everything happens for a reason.

Embrace this time to be selfish and just think about you and what you want. 

Hugs.

cajungirl
on 1/2/13 6:12 am

((((Hugs))))

Been there, done that.  My divorce was after 16 years of marriage.  I know right now you are crushed, it hurts like hell.  Just remember time eases the pain and since neither of your were happy and deserve to be this was something necessary for both of you.

Hang in there.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

SoCaPinkLady
on 1/2/13 6:17 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Lori                               

Mendie Thompson
on 1/2/13 6:30 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

Awww...so sorry ((((hugs))).  I can definitely understand the raw emotional rollercoaster you are on right now.  And you are right, it will get easier.  I suffered a 10 yr marriage to my first husband that was nothing but blind hope that he would want to decide to be the father and husband that we knew he could be...but in the end, and too far down the road, I finally had to stand up and decide enough was enough.  I went through hell in the end...and after coming home to Texas, beating up a few walls and a few nervous breakdowns later, days started looking brighter.  It was a 10 yr marriage hell, 10 yr single hell, and now in the marriage/relationship of my dreams.

Make sure to take care of you!  My saving grace was bubble baths with wine bottles...lots of tears in the bath water.  Not advising that of course, but find something that you can try and relax with...and EAT.  That will be the hardest thing for a bit...even without the surgery, but probably even more so now.  Good luck, best wishes, and lots of prayers your way.

Keep your head up and vent whenever you need to...lots of people here to listen ;)

scarlettbegonias
on 1/2/13 7:01 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Big hugs babe, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, I won't pretend I understand the pain you're feeling- but I do feel for you.

dont let this derail ou, take care of yourself, your health, take your vitamins, drink your water and as was said above if you can't stomach REAL food drink protein shakes, don't let the crap slide in.

We're here for you if you need us xx

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 7:19 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I swear sometimes I think it must be harder to split up as friends than enemies. It can be helpful to be able to hate someone but when you still care about them and they're a good person....that's got to be so hard. I divorced my best friend after 5 years of marriage. It was so hard but necessary at the time. We did actually remarry after 7 years of separation/divorce but that's not typical so trust me, I'm not suggesting that as a silver lining.

Take this time to take care of yourself and do what's best for you and your cats. I'm sorry that they have a disease that will shorten their lives--hopefully you won't be in such a painful place when the time comes for them to pass on and you and your ex will be able to comfort each other as friends. It's hard to see that now, though, I know.

Best of luck to you in everything. Make sure you eat enough and take your vits and get your exercise. All that will help you heal. It sucks but it does sound like you're making the right decision. Whether or not to have a family is huge and not something anyone should ever compromise on, whichever way they lean. I hope you have nothing but happiness in your future! Big ole hugs to you!!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Megan K.
on 1/2/13 8:00 am
RNY on 02/18/13

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Like many others I too have gone through a divorce (for reasons that sound very similar to yours).  It also forced me to deal with issues that I had been avoiding/eating for years.  What I'm trying (ineffectively to say) is this is not a end, but a new beginning for you.  It will not be easy, but you will find yourself so much better off (happier, more confident).  Change is always a rough journey and few things are more difficult than "going through the bid D," but you will make it.  You will find yourself stronger and happier in the end.

I wish you well in your new journey.  Cry the tears, there is nothing more healing than mourning the loss of your marriage.  Just know their are brighter days in your future, and through the dark days to come you have the support here for you.

avidreader
on 1/2/13 8:10 am - Cary, NC

(((((hugs)))))  So sorry - just be sure to make yourself a priority and at least get protein shakes and your vitamins in - you are going to need your strength more than ever now.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 256 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 188 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?