6 weeks post-op, newbie to OH, need guidance please!!

CeciliaH.
on 1/29/13 2:16 am

My surgery was Dec. 18 and I'm down 26 lbs (HW 224, SW 217, CW 198). I've started some soft meats the past few days, but for reason ,today has been tough! I've been "stuck" all day today and need some help. Been stuck on yogurt this AM, a sip of Isopure around 10:00, and shredded turkey at 11:30. All 3 times I was forced to throw up, mostly saliva and mucous. I'm thinking my Vit D capsules are causing trouble, maybe I should find a chewable? Anyone else have days when nothing seems to go down and everything feels stuck/ tight? Today feels like the stupid Band all over again (revision to RNY)! If you throw up, do you wait before trying food again, if so how long do you wait? 

Thanks for your input!

Cecilia

poet_kelly
on 1/29/13 3:59 am - OH

The vitamin D capsules shouldn't be causing this problem. They should dissolve pretty easily in your pouch.  I'd call your surgeon.  You are right at the time when people sometimes develop strictures and that could be the problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

robyn_fresh
on 1/29/13 4:08 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I feel like it gets somewhat stuck pretty much every time I don't eat pureed food. I also vomit if I've eaten a bite or two too many. I had my surgery on the same date as you. I have lost 33 lbs

Stephanie M.
on 1/29/13 4:11 am - Los Angeles, CA

I would definitely check with your doctor to make sure that it's not a stricture.

Besides that, I would think that maybe this phase is too fast for you. If you can stand it, maybe try going back to pureeing your food and drinking mainly protein shakes. It's definitely not good for you to throw up 3 times in a day, that affects the acid levels in your body. 

If you're going to keep trying food, make sure that the food is in bites the size you would feed a baby. Chew very well (at least 20 times) and take a long time to eat each bite. Make sure not to drink with your meals, and if you do end up throwing up, I would wait at least 2-3 hours before trying to eat again. 

Good luck, I'm sorry you're experiencing this! 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 220 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics