Calicum help

lah1981
on 2/25/13 6:08 am

I've been taking a liquid calcium I hate it. Someone please tell me if you take a chewable forn and what it's called and where to buy it. thanks

artroxy blue
on 2/25/13 6:16 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I take Celebrate Vitamins' Calcium plus 500. I've ordered it online through their website, and I take three a day. 

poet_kelly
on 2/25/13 6:18 am - OH

I like the Bariatric Advantage caramel calcium chews.  I also like the lemon and chocolate Calcet creamy bites from Celebrate.  I don't use either regularly because they are so expensive, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jerrislp
on 2/25/13 6:59 am - TX
RNY on 02/18/13

I take Twinlabs Bariatric Support Calcium Wafers (chewable).  I bought them at the Vitamin Shoppe.

MBallard
on 2/25/13 7:08 am - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13

I use upcal d I love it, I just mix it right into my soups or protein shakes, so easy!

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/25/13 7:29 am - OH

I use a combination of the Upcal D powder (I mix it in my morning hot chocolate), calcium capsules, and then either the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews (I like the raspberry) or the Calcet Creamy Bites.  Celebrate also makes calcium citrate chews (I tried the berry flavor, but liked the raspbery BA chews a little better). The chewables are all pretty good (I hated the BA chewable lozenges, though), but they are too expensive to use for all three daily doses.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lah1981
on 2/25/13 10:00 am

So no matter which of these I buy I still take it 3 times a day right? 

poet_kelly
on 2/25/13 10:22 am - OH

You need 1500-2000 mg a day, taken in doses of about 500 mg at a time.  How many to take would depend on how many mg is in one tablet or chew or whatever.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LadyLilMax
on 2/25/13 10:35 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Kelly,

Since you are so well researched on this maybe you can tell me if my memory is correct.  We can only absorb 500 mg Calcium at a time.... is this correct?  So that is why we have to take it 3 or 4 times a day?

Thanks.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

poet_kelly
on 2/25/13 10:41 am - OH

Correct.

Most Active
Recent Topics