My doctor called today......

Findingme2013
on 2/27/13 8:48 am
RNY on 02/04/13

My B1 levels are normal to the low side. I have to take a B Complex 3 times a day now.  I could not find them in chewable.  Anyone else been told to take B Complex and if so, did you just take it in pill form??

Thank you,

poet_kelly
on 2/27/13 8:59 am - OH

Are your other B vitamins low, too?  If not, why take a B complex instead of just take thiamine (B1)?

I started out taking a B complex, but quit after a few months since all my B vite levels were good.  But I took it in pill form.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Findingme2013
on 2/27/13 9:01 am
RNY on 02/04/13

It's only the B1 and I am taking the B Complex

poet_kelly
on 2/27/13 9:12 am - OH

I understood that you were taking the B complex.  A B complex usually has B1, B2, B3, B6, biotin, and B9 in it.  I was wondering why you're taking the B2, B3, B6, biotin and B9 if your levels of those things are all OK.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Findingme2013
on 2/27/13 9:19 am
RNY on 02/04/13

Oh, I understand what you are saying now.  I'm not sure. It's just what he told me to do, so I'm doing it!!    I'm new to this and guess I should have asked.

poet_kelly
on 2/27/13 9:29 am - OH

I thought I didn't say it right the first time.  :)

You can buy a supplement that is just B1.  Taking extra of the others shouldn't hurt you since they are water soluble vitamins; you should just pee out all the extras.  But it seems kind of like a waste.

Findingme2013
on 2/27/13 9:39 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I've already bought the B Complex and started taking them this evening. I just did not know if this was common. I already take 4 chewable's a day from Bariatric fusion.

katzmeow13
on 2/27/13 8:56 pm

it can happen and thiamine is important for brain function and nerve health.

be glad they found out early as opposed to waiting till you had symptoms.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 256 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?