Protein Coffee?

charjames
on 2/27/13 10:53 pm - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

I've seen a few posts where protein coffee was mentioned.  This sounds like something I may want to look into- any recommendations on brands?  whats the calorie/protein/fat #s?

poet_kelly
on 2/27/13 10:57 pm - OH

You can make it with any brand of protein powder by simply adding the protein powder to your coffee.  I like vanilla protein powder in coffee, but chocolate is good, too.  It works best to mix the powder with a couple ounces of room temp or cool liquid, to form a paste.  Then stir that paste into the hot liquid.  If you put the powder right in hot liquid, it clumps up and gets all icky.

Chike does make an iced coffee protein mix that I like a lot.  Click is another brand that many people like, but I prefer Syntrax Nectar cappuccino flavor to Click.  I think the Syntrax tastes better, plus it has more protein and no sugar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MichelleNC
on 2/27/13 11:04 pm

It does sound good I might make some for my 12 noon shake! I would mix it like Kelly said I have read lots of people saying it gets clumpy if you put it straight in. Good Luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

charjames
on 2/28/13 1:12 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Good info!  thanks :)

ChristaBas
on 2/28/13 4:13 am - Lufkin, TX
RNY on 12/17/12
If you like iced coffee Nectar makes a cappuccino flavor powder. Yummy! I have it every morning mixed with almond milk, cold.

Surgery Date: Dec. 17, 2012

Lisa S.
on 2/28/13 5:51 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Protein lattes are my morning go-to. Like Kelly mentioned, I mix 1 scoop protein powder with 4oz cold almond milk. Mix it well. Then I add 8oz BOILING coffee. Stir, then add some sf torani salted caramel syrup. Yum yum.

BezoarGirl
on 2/28/13 10:15 am - WA

You might try what I do in the morning.  I mix a little instant espresso powder in my choc. protein shake. It tastes like an cold mocha. You can find instant espresso powder in a small jar next to the coffee.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?