Is it normal to not lose weight after only 3 weeks after surgery?

Eissirhc
on 4/14/13 12:35 am - Amherstview, Canada
I am going into my 4th week after surgery and have not lost any weight in 4-5 days. Is this normal? It's very upsetting and discouraging. I have been eating only 1/2 cup at a time. I am getting most of my protein but having some struggles with it. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Chrissie   enlightened

Brenda S.
on 4/14/13 12:46 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
I'm not there yet, but I've seen many, MANY posts about the 3rd week stall. Hang in there!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/14/13 1:04 am - OH

Yes, it is completely normal, and it is a shame that your surgeon did not warn you about it beforehand.  

Someone posts about this issue almost daily on here (literally), so it should be very easy to find other posts about the "week three stall".

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

TXKashmir
on 4/14/13 1:04 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Not only is this normal, it is expected. In your weight loss journey, you will experience times of loss, times of stalling, and you may even see slight gains. If the number on your scale is truly upsetting you, just weigh yourself once a week or even less. I didn't even own a scale until I was at goal. As long as you continue to follow the plan, you will be successful - good luck!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

MichelleNC
on 4/14/13 1:55 am

I am in that same stall and I am 4 weeks tomorrow. It started in week three I have been going from 266-269 and I think it is my body revolting and my period coming. Grrr sometimes I just want to throw the scale out the window. Don't worry the weight will come off....at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Eissirhc
on 4/14/13 3:38 am - Amherstview, Canada
Thanks for the input. My dietician did say there would be stalls, I just assumed it would be a lot later. I appreciate all the advice.

Cheers,

Chrissie   enlightened

beverlyp
on 4/14/13 6:25 am

I had my surgery on March 21 so that puts me right at three weeks.  I was dropping like a pound a day till 4 days ago.  I been stuck fast since.  I tried eating more, eating less, exercising....still stuck though....***sigh**** guess I will just have to wait it out.....

Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/15/13 8:02 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

Most people won't lose weight about the 3-5 week depending on the individual.  Then you will start losing again.  Just be preapared at first it comes off super fast but it does eventually slow down.  I'm 10 months out and the last month I've been going up and down 2 lbs! Sooooo ,Frustrating but it's all part of the process.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!

Most Active
Recent Topics