ok

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/13/13 12:30 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

I was replying to MONICA , not to you.

Just because you start a tread does not mean that all comments are for you.

I hope calling me names helps you feel better.

What is NOT COOL is asking for help and getting 3 pages of responses , stirring up drama, saying you are in the car going to the E.R. , then saying you got a phone call from the nurse , you followed her instructions and now you are fine.

The PM I sent you was sincere , it matters not to me whether you believe it or not.

I did like your "God Bless" at the end.....thank you  

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/13/13 1:04 am - OH

I am glad that you will continue to post as you need to, but asking for "positive" comments only is probably pointless. Mostly, because I felt that some of the comments to your original post WERE positive in that they were encouraging you to seek help for what could have been a very dangerous condition.  So I guess it depends on how you define "positive".  I was raised by a Marine, so despite my professional counselor training, I have a pretty straightforward, pull-no-punches (and sometimes too blunt) manner.  No one comes here and offers their time and energy just to be mean. If I don't care about a particular issue (or, yes, member) I won't bother to reply, so if I respond it is always out of a desire to help, but I don't blow sunshine up anyone's skirt just to make them feel better or pat their hand and say "there, there, dear, no reason to worry or take action" if I see that they could be heading for trouble (either physically or psychologically).

As with all internet forums, you need to take what is useful and be able to just discard (blow off) the rest.  If a particular person really gets under your skin,  you can block that person and they won't see your posts (and therefore cannot reply to them) and you won't see any of their responses to anyone else.  I always encourage people to just ignore rather than block other members because if you block people you may miss valuable information that they have to offer.  In other cases, you may miss nothing of value, but you don;t know who has what to offer until you have been here a while.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 100 views
What's on your Monday Menu?