Appropriate/Reasonable Response

Sherrie P.
on 5/28/13 1:01 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

To tell or not to tell.  

Ultimately is your business and yours alone.

I tell anyone who asks how I lost it.  Most people comment on the weight loss, but then some want to know "what are you doing to lose it?"  I follow up with "a whole lot of lifestyle changes including exercise and a lot less eating after my weight loss surgery in February".  I frankly don't care if someone has something bad to say about the surgery because the fact is that I have been dieting for my ENTIRE life (yes I was a FAT KID) and this is the first thing to work for me.  You can't possibly know me and not wonder what diet finally worked.

I am not ashamed or embarrassed or worried that someone will think I took the easy way out.  HEY - guess what ... for me this is EASIER than most of the crazy diets I have done because I have a tool that helps make the weight loss easier.  Go jump in a lake if you care that much about how I finally lost some weight. It's my health, my closet, my dinner plate and my life.  If you are jealous because I lost it the easy way well too bad - that's your problem.

Good luck.  Sorry about your MS - my best friend has it and it sux.  I hope your work environment approves too!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/28/13 1:29 pm - OH

angry

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chulbert
on 5/28/13 11:50 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Love it. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?