caffeine + Click + protein/heat

aliceindietland
on 6/21/13 2:13 am
RNY on 06/11/13

So the good news is, Click is awesome.  For those of you who haven't tried it, it's a protein drink that isn't a "shake" which makes me very happy.  One of the reasons I'm so sick of protein shakes is because they make me more thirsty, so I've been seeking out things that are more "drink" like.  Click tastes exactly like an iced mocha.  I don't even get the whey aftertaste that I get really bad from Nectar.  It's great!

I got it in the mail the other day and even though it was 6pm and I know that it's caffeinated, I thought, eh I'll just try it!

1/4 way into the serving (which is 12 oz water + 2 scoops and equivalent to 2 shots of espresso) I was talking a mile a minute and cleaning all the things.  Like, bouncing off the walls.  When I got halfway through it, I thought to text my friend who is 5 years post-op and ask her if caffeine is kind of like alcohol and can affect us faster/more post-op.  She was like, oh yeah it can.

I put the rest in the fridge and drank it the next day.  This is hilarious though because caffeine didn't do a whole lot for me before, but apparently now one shot of espresso can send me bouncing off the walls.

Relatedly:  I know that you can do Click hot.  This is surprising to me because all the unflavored protein or the Unjury chicken soup clump when they get hot - which is SUPER annoying because I want to put them in soup.  Is Click a different kind of protein?  And if so, anyone know if there are unflavored ones that are made to go hot as well?

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

gentlyonward
on 6/21/13 2:25 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

It looks like Click is made with casein protein... Still a milk protein but processed differently, which may account for its non-clumpy-ness?

Jennifer D.
on 6/21/13 2:33 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12

FYI, I think they now make a decaf one if you'd like to skip the caffeine!

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

poet_kelly
on 6/21/13 2:37 am - OH

You don't get a whey aftertaste because Click doesn't have whey in it.  It has calcium caseinate which is a different type of protein, yes.  Both are made from milk, though.

You can make any protein drink hot.  The way to do it is to mix a little room temp liquid with the protein powder, then stir to make a paste.  Then stir that paste into your hot liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tracy91002
on 6/21/13 9:43 am
RNY on 01/17/13

Be aware of this though, when I made Click hot, it got a "skin" on top.  Once I took that off, it didn't do it again, but it was a surprise to me.  Just in case it happens to you.

MultiMom
on 6/21/13 9:45 am - NH

I have switched from Click to Big Train Fit Frappe but prepare both the same way. I shake up the mixture with hot tap water and then remove the metal ball and put the bottle in the microwave for 1:15. I have never had clumps and it is delish!

Martha 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 6/21/13 11:00 am - OH

By the way, I got the Big Train Fit Frappe you sent me and it's yummy.  Both the vanilla and the expresso are yummy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MultiMom
on 6/21/13 11:05 am - NH

I forgot that I sent them!! I am really glad that you like them, I didn't even want to try the vanilla as that's not a flavor that I enjoy. I'm happy that you like them kiss

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 523 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?