Does this sound like a stricture??

melissa_musicjunkie
on 9/21/13 7:15 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I have had discomfort with any food or drink since surgery 7 weeks ago. I cannot get past the pureed stage because the discomfort is so much that I am very limited on what I can get in. The last few days I have not been able to eat but very tiny amounts. I forced my protein drink in and that took hours, and then rest of the day any time I took just a bite or two of yogurt or beans I was full up to the point of burping some of it out and feeling like puking. I want to put my finger down my throat and I have to spit in the toilet. I was able to eat a smidge more today, but still just like a couple ounces of greek yogurt and maybe an ounce of chili. Drinking has hurt and I was so thirsty, so I chomped ice for awhile and ate a popsicle. I had the awful over-full feeling this morning when I hadn't eaten anything, yet. I have been very weak and kind of nauseous today. I went to Zumba this morning...I think I used up al my reserve energy because I've had to cancel plans and sit since class. I was hugging walls trying to shower and get dressed afterwards. I have called my surgeon's office in the last few weeks telling them that I have not been able to get all my protein in and that I have not advanced to the final diet stage...and I know everyone heals differently, blah blah blah.....but does what I'm describing sound like a stricture? Thanks! 

And someone was asking if new gastric bypass patients knew what strictures were....I personally did not, and I consider myself to be really informed...I went to classes and did lots of research prior to surgery, but the term "stricture" was not brought up.

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/21/13 9:13 am - OH

Yes, it sounds like one.  Call your surgeon's office first thing Monday morning.  Even if it is not a stricture, something is not right and you cannot continue this way.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cajungirl
on 9/21/13 9:36 am
It sounds like it. Call your surgeon's office. If you can't keep liquids in to stay hydrated you may need to go to the ER for IV fluids.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views