How much pizza can you eat now?

JenniPenny
on 10/3/13 3:35 am - MN

I'm 12 yrs out so I can eat more than you can probably. I would do a piece of pizza without the crust for the first couple years. Where I live pizza comed cut in squares so 2 squares was the most I could do. I suppose hat's one wedge shaped piece. I occasionally do the crust now, so I can eat less pizza. Actually, pizza has all the food groups included so if it's not too high in fat or has a lot of grease on/in it you should be ok. It's a great food, and nice that one piece can fill us up.

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

illinois Gama D.
on 10/3/13 9:33 am

when we go out for Pizza, it is cut in small squares, I eat 1 , have some salad and may have another:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

LaToya N.
on 10/3/13 11:28 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I love pizza! I had pizza last night and we are having it again tomorrow night for dinner. I don't eat the crust because I find that I am too full after I scrape the toppings off 2 slices. I don't eat anything else with it because we usually order a bunch of veggies for toppings with sausage.

MyLady Heidi
on 10/3/13 11:32 am
2 small slices with toppings. Typically I don't eat the crust.
Kathleen11
on 10/3/13 12:13 pm - Burlington, Canada

I make pizza using P28 protein flat bread or flat out wraps.  I use low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni or grilled chicken.  I'm 8.5 months out.  If it's a p28 flat bread I can eat 1/3 if it's a flat our wrap I can eat half.  It takes me about a half hour to eat it though 

Ceithlenn
on 10/3/13 1:33 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I am no where close to trying this but my boyfriend on his support diet loves when I make him pizza with the flatout. With fat free cheese, turkey pepperoni, and TONs of veggies its less than 300 calories for him and he gets to have his PIZZA nights in a healthy way. I am going to look up P28 protein flat bread as I have not heard of it before. 

goddessgrrl
on 10/3/13 1:55 pm - VA

I didn't eat pizza for over a year post-op. I can have one small slice from a personal size pizza at a restaurant (Olive Garden, for example), or about a half of a regular slice. I can't eat delivery pizza because it makes me sick to my stomach after one bite (I'm 19 months post-op).

My gastrointestinal tract as it is now is a great compass of how good or bad the quality of a food is. All I need is one bite & I know if I can eat it or not. That, & the refined sugar or high-fructose corn syrup content.

I went to Cheesecake Factory with my (grown) son a couple of months ago. I hadn't had anything that even vaguely resembled a piece of cheesecake since February 2012. I decided to have one bite (that means a small bite, not a me-pre-RNY bite). FORGET IT. I felt immediately yuck. No more for me. Didn't take any willpower, that's how bad it made me feel.

I haven't thrown up since the day after my surgery when I was in the hospital (I took crushed medication & got the foamies or dry heaves). I have had diarrhea dumping though, although only a few times, & it was accompanied by cold sweat that covered me, & dizziness.

Before my surgery on various diets I had what was called "red light foods." Mine were pizza, doughnuts, & peanut butter. I just couldn't make myself stop eating them, so if I were dieting, I wouldn't go near them. I avoided peanut butter & pizza for a year post-op. Now I can eat peanut butter & it doesn't taste the same as it did pre-op; I can stop eating it fairly easily (natural peanut butter is much more palatable for me than over-processed Jif or Peter Pan). Pizza I just can't eat if it's super-low-quality (especially Papa John's), on top of the fact I just get full so quickly eating anything with bread.

Doughnuts? I've eaten one doughnut, & that was about 2 months ago. I ate it over the course of one week, about 2 small bites at a time. It was good, but it wasn't something I must do again anytime soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Irishnurse
on 10/3/13 2:27 pm, edited 10/3/13 11:06 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I make my own pizza and it is very low carb and high in protein. I love it. Here is the link to the recipe and a pic.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4641242/My-Pita-Pizza-R ecipe-Low-Carb/

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

E R.
on 10/3/13 3:36 pm - Switzerland

I am 4 months post op and I can have 2 slices of thin crust pizza. I eat the crust as well. 

RNY:  4 June 2013

Karen R.
on 10/3/13 3:58 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I make my own pizza.  I buy organic pizza crust mix and roll it out paper thin.  Then I add toppings (typically sauce, lowfat cheese, onion and pepperoni).  I'm not the best at making a perfect circle when I roll out my dough, so it typically turns out looking more like a flat bread.  The mix is supposed to make a 10" pie.  I cut it into six pieces.  I usually only have one piece before I get full.  The calorie count isn't high (right around 120), so I could have two pieces if I wanted to.  I only did that once the last time I made a pizza though and I made myself over-full.  I eat small amounts of carbs regularly.  But if I overdo, my pouch isn't happy.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views