How much pizza can you eat now?

ebtiger24
on 10/3/13 12:52 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
Thick crust pizza I can get maybe a slice. If it's thin crust I can eat about 1 & 1/2 slices. I will usually pull the toppings off the 2nd slice after I've had about half.

I don't eat it very often. Maybe 3 times since my surgery.

dirks34
on 10/3/13 1:22 am
RNY on 10/31/12

I can eat 2 pieces but not the crust cause it fills me up too fast. We also ask for thin crust. I try to only have it

once every couple of months just to satisfy a craving.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Sarah R.
on 10/3/13 1:33 am

I can usually only eat a slice before I am full and then not eat the last part of puffy crust...if its thin crust and cut into squares then maybe 3-4 pieces depending on exactly how thin the crust is. Im not really into anything being a no no food. Moderation and if you cant moderate then dont have it.

Another Fatone
on 10/3/13 1:45 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I scalp one or two pieces.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

TXKashmir
on 10/3/13 2:25 am - Grand Prairie, TX

I am five years out, and can eat about one to two slices (crust and all) depending on the size of the slice. I don't make it a regular part of my diet, and will sometimes make my own low-carb versions.

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Laura in Texas
on 10/3/13 2:51 am

I eat two slices with regular crust. We usually have it once or twice a month. Yum!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cajungirl
on 10/3/13 3:01 am

I'm not a big pizza lover but do occasionally have it as my boys love pizza.  I'll eat 1 slice with most of the crust and sometimes add in the toppings off of the second piece.  It's always pepperoni because that's all they want.  The time or two we've been with others and had meat lovers I skip the crust and eat the toppings off of 2-3 pieces.  The toppings are what I want.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

christinalee
on 10/3/13 3:08 am - At Home in, NH

I can usually eat one or two slices of a small thin crust pizza (do not eat the end crust).  If I make my own pizza (pepperoni, tomatoes, fresh mozarella, onions and peppers on a gluten free crust), I cut a 10 inch pizza into three equal serving sizes and will make three meals (with a small side salad) out of it.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Ladytazz
on 10/3/13 3:14 am

During the losing phase I ate cauliflower pizza whenever I had a craving.  Do a search on it.  It is basically pizza with a crust made of cauliflower so it's low carb.  It is so good my daughter had some and never knew it was cauliflower. 

I wouldn't touch the real thing while I was losing but now I will have it occasionally, like last night I was at a granddaughter's birthday party at a pizza parlor and I got a gluten free pizza.  I barely managed 2 small slices and I have enough left over for 3 more meals.  I avoid things with gluten and I find I don't have the same cravings as I do when I eat things with gluten.

Pizza can be good protein but also a lot of carbs.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

The Salty Hag
on 10/3/13 4:59 am
RNY on 05/20/13
I'm with you on the low carb pizza but I use an "Oopsie" crust.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 80 views