NSV - 4 month labs BETTER than pre-op!

kinny09
on 10/14/13 9:55 am, edited 10/14/13 9:56 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

I am ecstatic! I used to suffer from low iron and B-12 levels pre-op. I was pre-diabetic, on metformin since 2006 and had generally crummy labs. Well as of my 4 month post-op labs my ferritin is now at 35, pre-op it was at 18 and my B-12 is 864 when it used to sit at 198 even with taking these same subliginual B-12 (metformin inhibited the B-12 absorption, and since going off of it, clearly it's helped!). Everything else is up too from my calcium levels to my D3. My fasting sugars were 66, a tad low, but not symptomatic or anything, they used to be over 100 pre-op. Part of it is adhering strictly to my supplements everyday I feel but I also think that I was just eating such crappy food and being on the metformin so long didn't help things either. Anyway for anyone fearing you may suffer deficiencies post-op, the keyword is still *may*, you may find that you are healthier in areas more than just your weight. I only hope to maintain all of this in the long run, but for now I'm very happy!

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

PetHairMagnet
on 10/14/13 10:01 am
RNY on 05/13/13

WONDERFUL to get good lab results. YAY FOR YOU!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Member Services
on 10/14/13 1:30 pm - Irvine, CA

Fantastic!  Losing the weight is wonderful but hearing about the health benefits is even better.  Congratulations!

angry

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 521 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 528 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 387 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 92 views