Crackers?

iluvpugs22
on 11/26/13 3:20 am

I am 3 weeks out tomorrow. Can I have a cracker or pita chip with my hummus or guacamole?!

poet_kelly
on 11/26/13 3:23 am - OH

I don't know.  What does your surgeon's plan say?  I was not supposed to have anything hard or crunchy until six weeks out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

iluvpugs22
on 11/26/13 3:25 am

That's what I thought as well.  But another piece of my info says crackers with hummus. Any suggestions what to eat w hummus at purée stage?  Or just by itself?

PetHairMagnet
on 11/26/13 3:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM Pacific Time, iluvpugs22 wrote:

I am 3 weeks out tomorrow. Can I have a cracker or pita chip with my hummus or guacamole?!

If you are allowed processed carbs at this stage, I would suppose so. They were absolutely not allowed for me at 3 weeks out and even now at 6 months are highly discouraged to keep weight loss going. We're asked to hold off until maintenance for processed carbs, if at all. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Miss Liss
on 11/26/13 4:16 am

My surgeon didn't allow crackers or any type of simple carbs that early out, but different surgeons have different plans.  Maybe someone on here will post a great way to enjoy your hummus and guacamole without the

crackers if you find out your surgeon prefers you not to eat them.  I have gotten really good meal ideas on here through the years by asking a question just like you have done.  Good luck to you!  I remember those early days after surgery trying to figure out what to eat.  It gets easier. 

ebtiger24
on 11/26/13 10:41 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

At week 5 & 6 we could eat cereal and whole grain crackers. 

NadiaM
on 11/26/13 11:58 am

I was allowed to have crackers at about 5 weeks out but a great alternative to the crackers is I cut thin slices of cucumber and scoop up the hummus with that! It's delicious!

Miss Liss
on 11/26/13 10:05 pm

Never thought about doing that.  I love cucumbers.  Will have to give that a try. 

Katie K.
on 11/26/13 8:03 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

My plan says not until six months. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?