waiting.... (any others from Ontario, Canada)?

josh_h2
on 11/26/13 11:15 am

ok - I know I'm being impatient here...  but I want the process to go faster!!  I've been "playing my doctor's games" as far as vitamins go for 2 years..  he said he was going to do the referral - but it's likely a 2-3 month waiting period before the orientation...  it's only been a couple weeks I know,  but still...

at least the surgery, visits are all covered by OHIP (ontario health insurance - publicly funded)

Any others from Ontario Canada on here?  What kind of waiting period did you have between your MD referring you to the "central bariatric registry" and you getting your appointments?

And sorry all for the vent..  I'm just anxious to get this ball rolling..

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/13 11:52 am

There are a whole slew of us over on the Ontario forum. Just look for it under forums, you should be able to find us no problem. Now as for a wait, it depends on where in Ontario you are! The two hospitals that move pretty quickly are toronto western and Humber river. Both are about a year from start to finish. Also, if you have a free schedule and can come on a moment's notice you can also move through the system quicker if you are able to pick up cancellations. Hope this helps. 

Diane L.
on 11/26/13 9:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi Josh

I'm from Toronto ON.  I guess it took two months before I went to my orientation.  When I went to see my doctor I asked her to check off ALL hospitals not just the closest to me.  But with that said I had to commit to driving to a farther location many times a year.  I am having my surgery Dec 18/2013. 

Vent all you want. 

cool

Patm
on 11/26/13 11:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As the other poster said. There are a lot of us ion the Ontario forum. Faster isn't always better. Take the time to get ready for the changes you will need to make. Have you faced your eating addictions? If you smoke stop. This is required. Do you know what the changes to your lifestyle will be. There is a lot of information on here. Hope it can help you get ready

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 365 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 78 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?