What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 2/14/14 2:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey OH friends!  Awesome participation this week on this thread!  I am totally going to try to make oopsie bread this week, and I am trying a crab recipe that was posted recently as well.  Thanks for all of the ideas and inspiration.  Thanks also for keeping me honest and accountable.

And for those of you who come and read the post, please feel free to comment and tell us what is on your menu!

Time Since Surgery: 9 weeks this coming Monday

B: One hard-boiled egg and 1.5 ounces of soft goat cheese

L: Leftover Thai from dinner last night.  Apparently the portion is four meals for me! I got the Ka Praw chicken which is just chicken breast with basil and garlic and peppers.  There is a type of broth but I am avoiding it.

D: 1/2 cup miso soup and 4 oz of Trader Joe's Argentinian red shrimp - they come frozen in a bag, and I just pan sauté them with the tiniest bit of olive oil, crushed red pepper and fresh garlic.

S: Some of you all have been having protein hot chocolate and it sounds really good so tonight I am going to have a protein hot chocolate made with Swiss Miss DIET hot cocoa mix and Inspire brand dutch chocolate cake powder.  

E: None :(  Snow everywhere so no outside walking for me

V: On track except my new CORRECT calcium citrate hasn't arrived (due to Winter Storm Pax)

W: Always!

What's on your diet today?  Will you splurge at a Valentine's Day dinner or stay on track?  :)

Mo Diggity
on 2/14/14 2:28 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Uggghhhhhh nothing..... stomach virus

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Dcgirl
on 2/14/14 3:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh noooo...sorry to hear that :(  Guess if you have to find a positive, it is that the scale will go down once you get back on your feet :/ I wouldn't wish a stomach virus on anyone, however!  Feel better!

karenp8
on 2/14/14 2:31 am - Brighton, IL

B 1/2c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 banana with1T peanut butter L 3 oz deli turkey and 1/2 oz cheese and 1/2c refried beans S whole wheat peanut butter crackers(100 cals) D not sure bedtime snack piece of string cheese. Going out for dinner but will most likely stay on plan because that is the type of food I like now. I think my good habits are sticking,which is great! Exercise 25 minutes of arm exercises and 175 crunches(all I can do because of foot surgery)

Dcgirl
on 2/14/14 3:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Congrats on your good habits sticking around!!!  Also, if you had foot surgery and can exercise, I can't let snow stand in my way!  Thanks for motivating me!

scoobyluvr1
on 2/14/14 2:39 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Your doing fabulous DC girl!

Breakfast- 3 egg face bites.

Lunch- Baked Scallops and couple of brussel sprouts

Dinner-  I'm not sure yet. Probably Scallops again or maybe some chicken

Snacks-  CHike Coffee Protein shake,  half an apple w/ chike PB

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Dcgirl
on 2/14/14 3:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Scoobyluvr!  I feel like I am doing well but then I read those damn posts about people who can't possibly eat more than 3 bites of food at a meal and eat 350 calories a day lol.  Your menu looks delicious...cannot wait to eat brussels sprouts!!!

Kenyatta W.
on 2/14/14 2:52 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Time since surgery: 13 months 7 days

B: Protein coffee, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice turkey bacon

S1: 1 oz Turkey Jerky

L: 1/2 tray Atkins Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

S2: Light String Cheese stick

D: I'm not sure.... We're going out so Protein first!!! I'm a DUMPER so I'm safe from that devil we call SWEETS and so darn HAPPY!!!!!!

E: None... It's snowing again! I'm over it already!!!!

W/Vites: On target

Totals so far excluding dinner... Calories 627, Protein 72 grams, Carbs 21 grams, Fats 27 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 2/14/14 3:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Happy Valentine's Day, Kenyatta!!!  How nice to be able to go out with your boyfriend :)  I am Valentine-less as of the week after my surgery...my on again/off again bf didn't want me to have the surgery and was really unsupportive and so I ended things :)  I'm having Valentine's Day dinner with myself :)

That's awesome that you are a dumper...I have no idea if I am or not (I haven't had anything that would cause it yet) but based on my stomach of steel I fear I will not be one :(  Well, wherever you go, I know you will find some delicious protein on the menu!  Whenever I am going to go out and my friends are like, "Where can you go?  What can you have?" I always say "as long as it's not a place that only serves pizza and pasta [two favorite foods of mine btw] I am good to go!".

Sorry about the snow!  We got like 8 inches in DC and since they don't know how to plow here, there are just piles of snow alongside streets and sidewalks.

Have fun going out tonight!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/14 2:54 am

B:egg whites with a little bit of cheese

S:Power crunch bar.They are very tasty but not sure a good choice today

L:Salad with chicken for some reason when it came I was like gross I think I get sick of things easy

D:Egg whites with two small pieces of bacon.

S:not sure going out with friends and taking my 4C sugar free drink mix with me

Have a Happy Valentines Day.

It is so nice to see the sun today.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views