Cinnabon and desserts

brandito
on 12/15/14 12:36 pm

I know some of you will say this is premature because tomorrow is my four week surgery anniversary, however, walking by the Cinnabon's tonight at the mall nearly broke my heart. Is it true that with RNY we can never have sugar? Cinnabon?  Dessert?  Ever?  

Please don't respond with negative that this is what got me in this position in the first place...because that's not true. I was never a sweet addict, I just overate everything else. LOL. I would just appreciate reassurance that maybe someday I can have a bite or two without dumping.  

RNY 11/18/14 5'4" HW: 255 SW: 236 CW: 190.8 GW: 125...although 140 may be more realistic...can't comprehend what's possible!

Pre-op -11.6 lbs, M1 -13.6 lbs, M2 -10 lbs, M3 -6.8 lbs, M4 -7.6 lbs, M5 -3.8, M6 -3.0, and counting!

MyLady Heidi
on 12/15/14 1:11 pm

I can have a small sample of things like cinnabon otherwise I get very sick.  It's a good limiter for me.

selhard
on 12/15/14 1:19 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here's what is true for me since working the post-op program for two plus years:  When I look at my clear complexion in the mirror, I want to keep eating healthy foods that make my skin that way.  When I look at my 3-inch heels, I want to eat high protein-low, carb foods that keep me walking in them.  When I click the seatbelt, slide into a booth, sleep without snoring, walk without puffing I am happy to say sugary foods like cinnabon don't have the same appeal or gripe on me.  It's all good, it's all positive, and it's all possible!

selhard
on 12/15/14 1:25 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

*grip*

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/15/14 8:49 pm

3 inch heels all evening!!!!... And I didn't need wine or painkillers. And I was able to walk back to my car...

That is also my major NSV... The whole evening the heels reminded me why I don't need the desserts...I was also dancing that night. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

selhard
on 12/15/14 11:21 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Cool.  I am going to name one of our next calves "Danci" because I like to dance in heels, too. Re shoes:  When Christmas shopping last weekend, I recognized a MO woman from our community who was wearing about a pair of  mens' size 12 slip-on shoes, the same size I used to wear.  It gave me a hellish flashback!  It also made my heart ache when I watched her walk a short distance forced to turn around and sit down on the walker seat she now uses.

MyLady Heidi
on 12/16/14 12:03 am

I can wear these all day and still have a taste of a treat.  It's about balance.  Why I am at goal nearly 10 years out.  You can't give up treats forever and last that way unless you make peace with them.

yankeescl
on 12/15/14 9:54 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I agree....I feel and look too good to even be tempted to try desserts.  I don't ever want to go back to my old lifestyle.

karenp8
on 12/15/14 11:21 pm - Brighton, IL

I feel the same here! I love my XS sweaters and size 0 or 1 pants that look great way too much to eat sweets or ignore the things like exercise and eating right that got me here and keep me here. I am strong and healthier at 55 than ever before and I don't miss those sweets at all!

Tanya S.
on 12/16/14 1:03 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I can and sometimes do take a bite of my husbands sugary treats. However, I do not keep them in the house. If I want a sweet treat I find a healthy recipe to make. I still eat them but they are modified with sugar and flour substitutes and usually in smaller portion sizes so I don't over indulge. Unfortunately I have never dumped on sugars so I have to work hard to keep them out of my diet.

high heels? Are they really an option for a previously super obese individual? I can't wait to see what my new healthier future holds!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 194 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 123 views
Recent Topics