feeling lousy after meals

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 10:14 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Hi everyone.  Since the very beginning, I sometimes feel awful after eating a meal.  I have a hard time even describing the feeling.  It's like i need to put my head down or sleep.  If I'm sitting up, i'll cradle my head in my hand.  It's  sort of lightheaded with some nausea, but yet different somehow.  It usually comes on about 10-15 min after the meal and resolves about 30-45 minutes later.  It's really miserable.  If I'm home, I will just lie down and go to sleep.  When it does pass, I feel fine, but tired and worn out.  I'm trying to find a connection between the meals to see what's causing it, and I think it's maybe when I eat too much?  Tonight I had 3 ounces of turkey and 1/8 cup of baked beans.  That's well within my plan and what I can comfortably eat, but it happened again, and tonight was pretty bad.  Sometimes I'll get a stomachache and diarrhea at the end, but not always.  I have my 6 month appointment in a week, so I'll ask him then, but just curious if anyone knows what this is about?  Thanks for your help.

Karen   

nicupnorth
on 1/1/15 10:27 am - Eagle river, WI

I have not experienced that but it sounds like dumping, lots of sugar in some baked beans. 

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 10:41 am
RNY on 07/01/14

thanks, you might be right.  no beans for me!

Karen   

crazy4birds
on 1/1/15 10:34 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I served baked beans with the ham tonight and I noticed it had lots of sugar.  They were Bush's. It does sound like dumping.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 10:41 am
RNY on 07/01/14

thanks. maybe it is.  I definitely do dump...I've had it happen with fruit.  Haven't eaten much in the way of other sweets since surgery to test it, but fruit does it to me.  But with the fruit I did have the rapid heartbeat and sweating, and with this I don't, so I'm not quite sure.  Thanks for your help.  I'll skip the beans next time.  There were no good choices at this dinner for side items.  Biscuits, potatoes, beans, etc.

Karen   

hollykim
on 1/2/15 1:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

if there are no good choices for side dishes,just eat meat. 

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 4:45 am
RNY on 07/01/14

LOL it's so funny how things change.  I never liked meat all that much, and now it's the main part of my diet!  

Karen   

Emiepie
on 1/3/15 1:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hoping that you are doing better now. I have experienced the feeling describe after eating mashed potatoes early on. But can relate to not being too much of a meat eater before surgery. I now joke that I am a carnivore and have been craving steak like crazy, I can't do any type of ground meat for some reason. I also used to prefer my steak well done and now prefer it medium well. Who knows!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cspotrun
on 1/3/15 2:30 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Yup, carnivore here now too lol!  I'm feeling fine now, have been only having protein and diligently measuring so no feeling sick. Thanks!

Karen   

Emiepie
on 1/3/15 2:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics