feeling lousy after meals

cspotrun
on 1/3/15 7:37 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Wow that's so interesting. It feels to me like they have more sugar and carbs than the label says. 

Karen   

Grim_Traveller
on 1/1/15 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Try a protein only meal. Lean meat. If you have no reaction, then it could be mild dumping, maybe RH.

Some people have to really, really watch what they eat, and it's a narrow range and combination of things. Hala works harder than anyone else I know to juggle her eating.

You may have to learn a whole lot more than your doc or nut about these issues. Keep us posted.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 8:45 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks Grim. For lunch I had grilled chicjken and fresh mozzarella and was fine. But the day before I had Greek yogurt light and was not fine. If I ate what my doctor's office suggested I would feel sick after every meal. I Track my meals for protein and calories. I think I'll start adding when I feel sick and when I don't. 

Karen   

MickeyDee
on 1/1/15 4:06 pm

Don't give up on beans!  They are very high in fiber and complex carbs, as well as good protein levels.  If you can't avoid the baked beans, try just a tablespoonful and see if it still affects you adversely.

I loved Wendy's Chili with cheese and onions!  Still do!

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 8:47 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I do love beans! But yea I won't do baked beans again. I've never tried Wendy's chili but my hubby makes a mean chili. 

Karen   

MickeyDee
on 1/2/15 3:37 am

Chili is one of my favorite foods;  unfortunately, as I live alone, I make it in enormous pots-full and then wind up eating it for a week.  I think I'm just going to start freezing portions.  Just don't encourage him to make super-hot chili because that might not work well for your surgery site yet.  I put ground turkey in mine as I've kind of gotten away from beef, although I will murder a medium-rare prime rib given the opportunity.  (Not to mention that I can only eat about 4 oz of beef, max, which is hard to find in a serving.)  

lynnc99
on 1/1/15 6:54 pm

Yes, it's dumping. 

There are varied symptoms (I've had all of them) and it can be brought on by sugar (prob the baked beans) or even a carb overload. 

Types of symptoms:

almost nausea

almost diarrhea

lightheadedness - almost like you could faint

clamminess

fatigue afterward

that "let me lay on the bathroom floor" feeling

I don't get it often but wow. When I do, watch out. 

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 8:48 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks. Ok I think I'm convinced it is dumping. I think I have a low threshold. Appreciate the advice!

Karen   

Poodlemac
on 1/2/15 1:25 am, edited 1/2/15 1:27 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Not to be curt, but I'm a little jealous right now!  ;-)

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 3:36 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Yea I can see how long term this could help me maintain.  For now I really need to find a balance so I'm not sick! I'd like to split the difference with you!

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?