feeling lousy after meals

MickeyDee
on 1/2/15 3:39 am

Especially the fatigue;  I call it "carb coma" and it will put me out for an hour or more.  I've just learned which foods cause it and manage to avoid it.

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 4:49 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I feel like I should know by now at 6 months out!  I guess I'm a slow learner.  Certain foods I have definitely identified as problems, but I still get surprised every once in a while.  It is like an intense carb coma, but a bad feeling kind.

Karen   

MickeyDee
on 1/2/15 11:18 am

it's going to be an ongoing learning experience.  Just go with the flow, and good luck.

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 11:45 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks!  And today I was super careful and cautious and no issues.  What a relief!

Karen   

april89love
on 1/2/15 12:37 am - NC

I carry a ziploc with cocoa dusted almonds for times when I need something to eat on the run. Comes in handy when basket dinners end up being carb-fests.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 3:37 am
RNY on 07/01/14

That's a good idea. 

Karen   

Ginner
on 1/2/15 2:17 pm - Saint Paul, MN

I have some same issues, But... I had this surgery 7 years ago and I have more symptoms and my surgeon calls it " candy cane defect" this is rare, but it can happen to us after this type of surgery. I would talk to your Dr about it. As for me, because it has gone on so long ( this past 1 year now ) I will be having surgery on Jan 6, to fix it. Good luck to you :)   

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 10:32 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

What does candy cane effect actually mean? And what surgery are you having to fix it? Thanks for your response!

Karen   

Chilipepper
on 1/3/15 7:29 am
On January 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM Pacific Time, Ginner wrote:

I have some same issues, But... I had this surgery 7 years ago and I have more symptoms and my surgeon calls it " candy cane defect" this is rare, but it can happen to us after this type of surgery. I would talk to your Dr about it. As for me, because it has gone on so long ( this past 1 year now ) I will be having surgery on Jan 6, to fix it. Good luck to you :)   

What she is experiencing I think is dumping. What you have and I also had it as well is a blind limb. A lot of long term Rny patients are getting them because of the way the surgery was performed years ago.  I wish you luck in your surgery.. It's not that complicated. They removed mine when they did my gastrectomy. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

STB
on 1/3/15 5:36 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I am pretty new (5 months post op) so don't have much to offer however I read labels and won't buy anything with over 5 gms of sugar. I am still a little confused about what sugar alcohols are but I have heard that can cause an issue also. In the beginning I was somewhat lactose intolerant but that is getting better.

SHARON  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 564 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 554 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 279 views