feeling lousy after meals

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 4:46 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I like that too.  I ate quite a bit when I was on soft foods.

Karen   

jenorama
on 1/1/15 10:53 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

It doesn't sound quite like dumping--I understand that's a sweaty, heart-racing kind of reaction, but with the diarrhea I dunno.  It sounds like you and I have the same reaction to high-sugar meals--we get very sleepy and a bit of tummy upset.  I've just recently had this start happening--I'm 15 mos out from surgery--and I have to think more about what I'm having and make sure there's enough protein to offset the sugars.  If I don't and have something high-sugar, my stomach doesn't exactly hurt, but I just feel kind of oogy for a little while.  

Let us know what the doc says!  :D

Jen

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 10:58 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks I sure will!  Oogy is a good word for it LOL.

Karen   

SkinnyScientist
on 1/1/15 11:14 am

HI Karen,

I haven't experienced what you are feeling.

I do get a feeling of revulsion/finding food repulsive sometimes when eating though.

Does you office have a nut?  Maybe write her?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 11:54 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I do get that too!

Yes they do have a Nut.  I spoke to her at the 3 month mark and she had no idea.  Next week I plan to ask the surgeon, although he is one of those surgeons who does the surgery very well, but doesn't know much about the vitamins/nutrition after the surgery.  But this seems like a medical response so I'm hoping he will know what's happening.  My Nut is pretty new and not so helpful.  Honestly I've learned most about what to do from this forum.

Thanks for the response!

Karen   

Poodlemac
on 1/1/15 11:54 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I didn't care for the nut at my drs office but met the Hospital Nut at surgery and loved her. I see her rather than the other. Is this an option for you?

cspotrun
on 1/2/15 12:04 am
RNY on 07/01/14

That's a great question. I could maybe Shop around. I didn't see one at the hospital but I'm sure there are plenty. When I schedule with the surgeon they automatically schedule me with the nut but I'm sure I could decline. I'll see if my insurance will pay for someone else. Thanks!

Karen   

burghblonde
on 1/1/15 12:46 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

I agree that it sounds very similar to dumping. I have reactive hypoglycemia which happens 45 minutes to an hour after I eat on occasion. My doc and I just discussed the two at my last appt the week prior to Christmas. He said if it was a dumping episode it would happen quickly, roughly 15 minutes after eating. Sadly I have been keeping track and it seems to be happening on days I am on the hospital floor. On those days I typically grab a Quest bar for breakfast. They only do that to me in the mornings oddly enough. So now, I drink a shake in the AM instead. No issues since.

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 12:57 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Quest bars do it to me every time. Even if I eat only half. No Quest for me. Sorry this is happening to you. I'm going to really try to eat smaller, more frequent meals, and keep a close eye on hidden sugar. Best of luck to you!

Karen   

Chilipepper
on 1/3/15 7:24 am

When Quest bars first came out years ago. I adored them. No problems. I bought a box of them about 6 months ago. I can't take a bite without feeling sick. They must have done something to the recipe. They never used to have to mushed look to them either.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views