RNY on 11/18!

aldade
on 11/12/15 5:54 am

I wish I could say I was excited and thrilled, and yes, a part of me is,...but there is also a HUGE part of me that is kind of numb to it all happening.  Did anyone else expirence this??  So many people keep asking me if I am excited for this new journey....and I find that excitment is NOT what I am feeling. Please don't get me wrong when I say I am not thankful or not feeling blessed to be able to do this and I AM ready to start new and fresh after batteling my weight for the past 16 years and with a very recent divorce that is still painful.  I feel like I am prepared as well as I can be....having done reserch and been doing as much reading and seeking advice from friends/family who h ave had the surgery,....I am also flying my mom up from CA to Alaska, it will be her 1st time here EVER....does anyone know that kind of blah feeling I am talking about?!?!?  

iloveravens
on 11/12/15 7:00 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I was the opposite.  I couldn't wait for the surgery.  I spent the weeks before worrying that something would go wrong in pre-op and I'd be rescheduled or denied.  A lot of unnecessary worry is common.  Maybe you are just nervous and numbing yourself is your way of coping.  You will be fine!  If you're anything like the majority of us here, this will be the best decision you've ever made.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Emiepie
on 11/12/15 8:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning, I think it's normal to feel many different things at this stage. The long wait is finally over and it feels real. Hope the week goes well and hope for a smooth procedure and recovery. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

irishgirl89
on 11/12/15 8:33 pm
I totally get where you are coming from. I will be 5 years post op on Nov. 16 and I remember how I felt leading up to surgery (just like you), blah! I still felt that RNY was a huge and drastic step, and it is. I felt like I was a failure because I had to resort to having this procedure in order to get back my life. Even for a few years post op, that feeling didn't change. I researched RNY to death and didn't want to have to take so many vitamins for the rest of my life. Now 5 years on, I can truly say that it has been a gift, I'm on my own now, have been for the last 2 years, & can gain just like any other person, but I have to say, it was worth it. Chances of keeping weight off with just regular old dieting, 3%. I'd be super morbidly obese only for RNY and I am grateful and glad that I did it. Going back to basics, protein first, veg, fruit, minimal carb, no slider foods and no grazing and life will go on and you'll feel normal, as I do. Just remember, you will have rebound weight gain, and it's believe me, not a bad thing. I looked like I'd been living in a concentration camp for a while, so don't freak when that time comes. It's all good and will be all good. Best of luck!!!
  Surgery 11/16/11.  HW 267.5; SW 250.1; Pre-op wt. 195.5; CW 126  GW 140-160             
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics