What's on your Thursday Menu RNY'ers?

Kakesie
on 10/11/18 4:19 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Have a wonderful time on your date tomorrow, Cara! How exciting! Let us know how it goes!

Au_Contraire
on 10/11/18 6:22 pm

Thanks Karen! I'll let you know how it all went. I'm much more concerned about keeping to AMAW at that dinner than anything else - I really don't want to eat off plan, and I really hope I can manage to stay on the straight and narrow! If these were friends of mine they'd be used to my food oddities, but these are friends of his, and I really don't want to insult anyone or make a fussy impression. Fingers crossed that it will be easy to pull off!

Kakesie
on 10/11/18 6:34 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Don't be too hard on yourself if you do eat something that is not AMAW for ONE meal. You can still stick to AMAW for all the other meals. By the way, I told my friend, who I was having lunch with today, about CAMAW and she was so kind as to fix us cheese omelets instead of sandwiches as she had planned so I could stay on my diet. Wasn't that nice of her?

Au_Contraire
on 10/12/18 3:15 am, edited 10/11/18 8:15 pm

Yes Karen, that was very sweet and considerate of your friend! I'm going to try to stick to AMAW and hope I can without appearing boorish. But if there is no way to politely slide out of it, I will just do my best. I want to stick to straight AMAW though! My Day 2 went very well! Yay! Hope yours did, too!

Teena D.
on 10/11/18 7:54 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning- it's been a long time since I've posted! Just thought I'd see how everyone is doing. I'm doing well - busy at work, busy at home.

QOTD- I had Gastric Bypass Surgery in January of 2017. I've lost 130 lbs, and gained so much more! I plan to enjoy my improved health and mobility to the best of my abilities.

An update on me- I had an ultrasound on my neck because there is still some swelling from the smart lip and co2 laser procedure I had done. They found a small cyst on my thyroid so I had to go back yesterday for an ultrasound on my thyroid. I should know the results next week. The ultrasound tech asked me if I have a history of thyroid in my family (I should have said yes- we all have thyroids lol) which has me a bit worried. We don't have any history of thyroid cancer that I'm aware of but he asked me after he was finished the ultrasound, and it seemed like a strange question.

Other than that, I'm maintaining my weightloss, and working on making physical activity a habit rather than something I have to talk myself in to everyday. I've really enjoyed Mel Robbin's book "The 5 Second Rule" and feel that it's helping me to do the things I should be doing.

My menu is completely up in the air today so this wasn't actually a good day to jump back in- but I've missed you guys.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Emiepie
on 10/11/18 8:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

always good to see you. I hope you hear back soon on the ultrasound results.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/18 9:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice to hear from you. I hope the tests don't show anything out of the ordinary.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 10/11/18 10:30 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

it's so funny you posted - I was thinking earlier today I should PM you to see what's up!! You've been missed!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 10/11/18 7:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ I miss the sun. It's dark during my morning commute now, it gets dark right after I get home and lately it's been overcast during the day for the most part. I'm thankful I don't have to contend with east coast storms (I hope you all are okay), but I live in CA and I want SUN! Today I am hoping to get more caught up at work so I can enjoy my half day tomorrow and weekend. It will be a low key weekend, I just want to putz around the house and chill. I need LOTS of downtime to recharge.

QOTD - I guess it would be that I am grateful for this gift of health and what it means for my future -in that that I will have (a better) one! It's time with my family really - I don't want to miss a thing.

Accountability - great

b-coffeex 3, L&F greek yogurt

l-albacore tuna w/Skinnygirl balsamic dressing

d-baked chicken

es- SF jello

v/l - on track

e- cardio/abs/glutes

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

yvonnef1964
on 10/11/18 8:03 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Someone was knocking on my door at 5 am but I didn't get up to see who it was. Then I got up after seven to go get my bloodwork done. He had a hard time getting It and it was hurting. Now I have a bruise there.

After work I'll go pick out my kitty. I'm excited.

Qotd I was on a doomsday path to destruction but now I'm following a brightly lit path of normalcy.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D roasted garlic mozzarella chicken sausage and mixed vegetables

Have a good day

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?