What's on your Thursday Menu RNY'ers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/18 9:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so excited for you! Pictures of kitty when you can please?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 10/11/18 8:04 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!!

Hope the yoga session is pleasant and you guys enjoy your time.

Congrats to all AMAW/CAMAW warriors. Hang in there.

It's almost Friday and I can't wait for the weekend to start. Too many things going on at work and I need a break.

QOTD: I am actually living my life instead of being a spectator. I can participate in life and not be embarrassed about the space I take.

Accountability: meh...too much cheese and too many yogurts.

B: protein coffee

L: pulled pork

S: cheese

D: TBD

Have a great Thu everyone.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 10/11/18 12:01 pm

"...and not be embarrassed about the space I take".

This is something we all can relate to! Others who are criticized for various things may feel that too from time to time, especially when around their tormentor, but to feel that way really, really often about your very physicality is an experience unique to the obese and SM obese. Obesity is so shame-filled. I want always to remember just how that felt, so I will never be tempted to react to anyone in a way which makes them feel criticized for and ashamed of their body, ever.

Sheila_H
on 10/11/18 6:42 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I think I was my biggest critic. I was the one who was embarrassed about what I had done to myself.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 10/12/18 2:51 am

I was frequently mortified, too, but it had more to do with my awareness of how others could or did view me. So so glad to have been given this incredible chance to truly change my life, for the rest of my life, providing I work hard to retain what I've won!

LuckyLoser
on 10/11/18 8:26 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi!

Yesterday, I heard everyone's recommendations loud and clear! I'm going to drink at least 100 oz of fluid each day. So far today I have taken in 55 oz -- I think I'm going to reach this goal today!

QOTD: Although I'm no youngster, my WLS Journey is in its infancy. I eagerly await all the exciting and amazing changes to come in the upcoming years. Yet, I am also prepared to meet the challenges that are likely to arise during my WLS Journey.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Breakfast high protein, fat-free milk

AM Snack fresh mozzarella mini-balls

Lunch pulled pork with sauce

PM Snack cup of soup - tomato

Dinner turkey meatloaf

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Au_Contraire
on 10/11/18 12:04 pm

Getting lots of fluids helps in so many ways! It makes it easier on your body to process the changes you're going through, and as a bonus, it helps you to feel full!

Megdot582
on 10/11/18 8:40 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Good morning menu buddies. So I read the replies yesterday to my morning tummy issues problem and it could definitely be lactose intolerance. The only thing I have eaten recently that didn't bother me in the morning has been pancakes. Everything else has led to hours of discomfort. But, everything else has included dairy.

Qotd: My few sentences about my journey would, at the moment, be something like... I am 6 months out from surgery and although weight loss has been slow the last couple of months things are changing for the better in every aspect of my life. I am sleeping better, have more energy, more confidence, already can shop in 'normal' stores, and just -feel- better. If I had it to choose over again, I absolutely would.

Accountability: Very good, I was worried my grumpy belly would make me under on calories but I did okay.

Bf: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice Dave's killer bread powerseed thin, 1t sugar free preserves

MS: Epic Turkey stock

L: 5 Turkey meatballs, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 4 triscuits

AS: protein water, Ostrim snack stick

D: leftover turkey chili, 2 triscuits

Goals: 1000 calories, 100g protein, 100oz water, 1hour personal training, 1hour treadmill, all vitamins!

Megdot582
on 10/11/18 12:35 pm
RNY on 04/30/18

A quick update! No dairy at breakfast, and I felt better than I have in nearly 2 weeks! I went to training and worked my butt off!!! Woot!!!

Au_Contraire
on 10/11/18 2:58 pm

That's fantastic! It sounds like you may have found the culprit! So glad you're feeling better.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views