AMAW/CAMAW - Day 2

Sheila_H
on 11/27/18 6:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hello my carnivore friends!

How did you do on your first day of AMAW/CAMAW? Was it hard? Was it easy? Did you get a headache?

In the past whenever I went on a strict diet the first 2-3 days I would get a really bad headache - carb detox. But with the way we eat after WLS I'm not getting the headaches, which is a good sign, meaning I don't have much carb in my diet. On the other hand I'm going through dairy withdrawal. Not a physical one, but an emotional one. I RELY on my 1" square of parm cheese every afternoon and I reli**** Needless to say I was not good company around 3:00 pm - my cheese time. I had so much coffee and tea that I looked like a cartoon character when they are filled with water and walk around slushing.

What do you eat between meals?

Yogurt and cheese have been my crutch and I seem lost without them. There is a very good jerky (no sugar added) that you can order on Amazon...that is my go to snack when on AMAW. I'm sure by the end of the week I'll have pork rinds too, although right now I can't stomach it.

Accountability : cals:903 protein:102 carbs:12

Well, here we are at the start of the second day. May the odds be ever in your favor.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/18 6:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I did great, but I did hear carbs calling all day... I'm doing CAMAW because I love my pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee and my cottage cheese. The latter is my most frequent snack as it fills me up for low calories.

I did AMAW once and used meat sticks and pork rinds for snacks as well. You still have to be careful with the calories on pork rinds and I found that the meat sticks would upset my digestive system somewhat probably because of the spices. I wasn't craving extra food though after a couple of days on AMAW. I do think it definitely is more effective than CAMAW (if one can stay on it). But I felt too much like I was on a fad diet when I did AMAW so CAMAW is more sustainable for me (pretty close to how I usually eat minus some of the carbs).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 129

artchikk
on 11/27/18 7:03 am
RNY on 02/12/18

CAMAW was pretty smooth yesterday. I think you're right that since I mostly eat relatively low carb anyway, I don't feel any carb withdrawls...of course I haven't given up dairy, which would be way too hard for me right now haha...I do rely on some cheese to get me through! also my creamer in my coffee is a MUST. i just can't drink it black and without the coffee I know I'd get headaches.

for me I ended up eating part of a cheeseburger patty w/bacon for dinner instead of the turkey I originally planned because story wanted cheeseburgers LOL...
yesterday's Stats:

Cals: 865, Carbs: 17, protein: 80

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Writergurl08
on 11/27/18 7:23 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I did great for day 1. After Thanksgiving indulgences I'm super motivated for AMAW, I hope I keep it up.

yesterdays totals:

Protein: 69g

fat: 27g

carbs: 6g

calories: 652

Im pounding water, decaf tea and coffee between meals.

my 9 month follow up is tomorrow and I'm dreading the doctors scale, it hasn't moved a whole lot since my 6 month appointment (maybe 12 lbs) and I feel like I will be shamed. I've lost inches and gained strength so there is progress, but I fear they will only look at the number on the scale and tell me I'm doing something wrong

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Sheila_H
on 11/27/18 7:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Good luck at your appt. At my center in addition to weight they also measure your waist. Maybe you could suggest that for them to see your progress in inches. Hang in there, stalls happen, you just have to keep at it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Writergurl08
on 11/27/18 8:38 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Yeah I have lost one, almost two pants sizes (waist is ready for a smaller size but thighs aren't allowing it yet), but my surgeons office never measured inches and I never think to take my measurements myself, so they really only look at the scale. I just feel very discouraged that I'm stalling this badly before I'm even a year out and still in my "honeymoon."

I'm going to be printing out 2 weeks worth of MyFitnessPal entries to go over with the NUT to see if there's anything I should be changing.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Julia S.
on 11/27/18 9:35 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

At my 9 month they did a measurement of % fat & LBM, muscle etc so if they do that they will definitely see your progress. I don't believe they will try to shame you, just keep your head up and know that you are on track and making progress. It will be OK.

Take care of yourself!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

yvonnef1964
on 11/27/18 9:13 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I did good. I had a snack at work since it was allowed on my planned. I had cottage cheese. I was really hungry and I almost had more roast at bedtime but i drank some water and went to bed.

Calories 1118 protein 139 carbs 17

Au_Contraire
on 11/27/18 11:26 am
Au_Contraire
on 11/27/18 11:38 am, edited 11/27/18 3:39 am

Okay, that's annoying; my post disappeared - due to my own error! I meant to edit it, instead I made it go poof!

Hi Sheila and all of my fellow AMAW/CAMAW folks! Hope yesterday went well for you.

I'm doing CAMAW, which is my comfort zone and how I almost always eat anyway, so nothing out of the ordinary here. I'm up .5 lb. today - I did eat a bit more than usual yesterday and will have to watch that since I'm not yet transitioning to maintenance. But weight-wise it's my pattern these days: lose lose lose, stall stall stall, go up very slightly, hover within a pound for several days or longer, then lose 3-4 pounds in a week. I only have a few pounds left to lose and have achieved goal, I'm just trying to establish a borderline of safety so that when I go into transition, I won't be too near the edge of my desired range. Last time I did AMAW, and I did lose around 4 pounds, but afterwards felt a little off balance and went up slightly, which led me to feel that maybe AMAW was just too strict a protocol for me now, or at any rate, that I shouldn't have done it for longer than one week. But CAMAW is very easy, so I'm here for now. But I may shift that in a couple of days (just for the remainder of the challenge) to AMAW if I feel prompted to do so or the scale is being beastly.

Yesterday my calories were more than usual at 694. Carbs: 7. Protein: 71

Have a great day, my friends!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?