What's On Your Monday Menu?

Teenie
on 8/17/20 7:46 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I love Texas Roadhouse. They have the best Ranch dressing ever. When I was loosing I would get there Balsamic Vinaigrette however they discontinued it. It is so disappointing. But DH thinks that is the best prime rib he has ever had even tops the fancy restaurants we go to. Another bummer is I heard they stopped the peanuts. So bummed I used to take a bunch home for my squirrel feeder. No more of that. Thanks Covid- another thing you took from me. F *cking China!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 8/17/20 4:03 pm - Warren, OH

I have many friends who are Chinese. I do not blame China for the virus. I blame the lack of leadership on the part of our President. The virus should have been dealt with following the plans that were created by the Obama administration. Hateful remarks like yours put the lives of many innocent people into jeopardy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 8/17/20 4:40 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thank you Mary. I try not to be political here, but I agree that this needs to be said! Blaming China puts real people at risk when people take the next step of fearing and blaming Chinese people.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ladygodiva1228
on 8/18/20 4:55 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

If you want to blame the Chinese government for the virus go right ahead, but you also have to blame our government for not acting accordingly.

To blame all of China for the virus nope that is not right. You do know how the Chinese government treats their own citizens right? And as for the minorities in China it is pretty sickening what is done to them.

There are Asian Americans being targeted because Trump keeps calling it the Chinese virus. Yes it may have come from China, but who knows if it was lab created or just part of the natural evolution.

I ask you if this virus originated in the US would you say "******g US"?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

karenp8
on 8/17/20 9:58 am - Brighton, IL

I love Texas Roadhouse. It's been too long since we've been there. Now I'm hungry for it!

SuMari
on 8/17/20 3:27 pm

We have a Texas Roadhouse near me, but they only have outside dining and it was 110* here over the weekend... I am with you on the being hot part... can it just be winter yet?!

White Dove
on 8/17/20 6:16 am - Warren, OH

I am the oldest of a family of 13. The first ten were a year apart and then my parents missed a year and had twins the next year. So when I was 12, I had 11 little brothers and sisters. I was always looking for a place to be alone for a while. Even when I got married and it was just me and my husband in the apartment, I wanted to create a closet into a reading room with a comfortable chair and a light and be able to close the door.

I like being around people, but really happiest when alone.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/17/20 6:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for kicking us off, Liz. So excited for you and how well things are going with Mike. I hope you have an amazing few days!
Today Em starts part of her school schedule. Today and tomorrow she has her criminal law classes that would normally be at another campus and her regular district classes start Wednesday so at least she gets to ease back in.

Accountability: Decent weekend

QOTD: Can I say home with just a few people? I like being around others but in small doses and once I'm done "peopling" I want to be done- lol.

TSS: 6 years

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, toasted Chompie's low carb bread and turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps, SF. jello with cool-whip, and baby carrots

S: Chaffle, cashews and Carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Breakfast platter, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1669 Protein:143 Carbs:128 Fat: 75

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/17/20 6:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm so happy that the "Mike thing" is working out so well! You deserve to be happy! And I had to laugh at the comment about being nervous - when we're in our teens and 20s, we're nervous about meeting the parents the first time - at our age, it's the kids and grandkids!

I did well yesterday until I pulled out the dessert (MIL was over here for dinner). I should have had something like a L&F yogurt with raspberries if I wanted dessert, but N-O-O-O! So I was way over, and I didn't exercise yesterday (I feel better about a splurge (as long as it's not too extreme), if I engaged in some heavy exercise that day - but I didn't yesterday). So back to it today. No minefields to navigate until Wednesday, and for now that's the only day this week that could be an eating challenge.

QOTD: I'm what some article a couple years back called an "amnivert". I'm in the middle. I enjoy being around people (although not crowds. One or two people is good), but I need my space, too. So...both!

TSS: 5y2m

B: plain Greek yogurt with strawberry compote and 2 T of Kashi Go Lean. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese with a grilled peach

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberry, light English muffin or skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: not sure. Maybe 2 Costco chicken skewers with a small salad with light dressing

ex: Zoom yoga tonight for sure. Will probably work in a bike ride sometime today, too (I have Mah Jongg later this morning and a vet appt this afternoon, but I'll have time to get out - it's such a nice day again today!!)

Lisa91941
on 8/17/20 6:57 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Have a great time, Liz. I hope it's perfect for you. Work is looking busy today, so I'm hoping the day flies by. I did nothing yesterday except work on a craft. I literally did not put one foot out of the house. So Trader Joe's is pushed for another day. At least that forces me to eat some of my stocked up stuff.

QOTD: Insert Liz's answer here. I love being with my close group of dear friends and being with my immediate family. But I also love a quiet, clean, organized house to just be quiet in. But not for too long, then I am lonely.

Menu:

B: coffee, 1/2 PP shake. Hard boiled egg and 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: left over Chipolte's chicken bowl, no rice

D: left over pork chop with home grown sauteed veggies and a small scoop of mashed potatoes (Because some foods still just require a scoop of mashed potatoes!!!)

S: don't think I'll need one. I've been pretty full pouch these last few days, but Jerky if I do.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?