What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

White Dove
on 10/9/20 5:23 am - Warren, OH

Every year my husband tried to be the last person in the world to turn the central heat on. We had space heaters in every room. He would turn the oven on in the morning and open the bathroom door to get it warm enough to take a shower. I was afraid of space heaters in the bathrooms.

After he passed away, I turned the furnace on whenever it was cold. I think I have had it on in every month except July. Many days the heat is on at night and the air conditioner in the daytime.

The funny thing is that it really makes almost no difference in the utility bills. The electricity to run space heaters probably cost more than just turning on the furnace.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/9/20 6:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

if you have a natural gas furnace, then yes - it probably IS cheaper to run that than the space heaters!

White Dove
on 10/9/20 7:02 am - Warren, OH

I do have natural gas and have always heated with that. And my house has zoned heating, so I can turn on the heat only for the bedrooms when there is a cold night in the spring or fall. I know it is cheaper and more convenient than space heaters.

Melody P.
on 10/9/20 5:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all.

I found out yesterday that social security hasn't officially received my appeal. The management is only working every other day and they are the ones who fax them in. I am livid. I am stressed and my anxiety is the highest it's ever been. I had a very draining and very long panic attack yesterday. I'm exhausted and I get to chase down a prescription today. I was hung up on twice by the local SSA office yesterday.

My neurosurgeon told me there is not much more he is willing to do at this point. He wants to try a stimulator but if the appeal doesn't go my way I won't be able to get it. He acted as if I had the plague. I'm just upset at the thought of being in pain for...well forever.

qotd: we've had to turn on one(we have all heaters that are gas) in September for one day but other than that it's usually end of October.

b: oatmeal with almond butter and coffee

not sure on the rest yet.

my pics have a funny Halloween costume, our line up of pumpkins in the front yard and a pendant I made last weekend.

Queen JB
on 10/9/20 5:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha I am sure Mike Pence's fly is going to be the most popular costume this year. Companies that make plastic novelty flies must be so excited, haha.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/20 6:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Love the pumpkins and the pendant. LOL on the costume!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 10/9/20 7:06 am - Warren, OH

Marty McFly has his own Twitter account now. The pumpkins are amazing and love the pendant. You have so much talent.

Melody P.
on 10/9/20 7:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much for that!

White Dove
on 10/9/20 7:41 am - Warren, OH

Hopefully once your appeal is actually received they will take care of things quickly and this nightmare will be over.

Melody P.
on 10/9/20 8:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks, me too. It's been very stressful!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views