What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/9/20 2:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Everyone. Happy Fri-YAY! I was wrong about how busy yesterday would be--it was actually pretty dead on our end, because (presumably) all of the principals were teaching, haha. Today will be the same. The Teacher's Union is taking the School Administration to court in an emergency injunction, so hopefully there will be a decision one way or another by Tuesday. I am sure everyone is incredibly grateful to have a 3 day weekend.

This weekend is my Dad's 74th birthday, so I am going to head over tomorrow with cake to celebrate. Other than that, we don't have anything planned, yay! I have some house projects I want to get to, but I am ready for some relaxin' :)

Here are my pics!

I updated my ZOOM Background for the season :)

A visitor to the yard!

QOTD: When do you typically turn the heat on for the first time each year? I don't have a specific temp that I follow, but we woke up to 34 degrees today so it's time! I usually try to hold out until November 1, but October can be freezing!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 10/9/20 4:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all and happy Friday! So ready to get this day over with! Accountability was decent yesterday. Gonna see if I can make it even better today. Even though accountability hasn't been perfect this week it's that time of month again so I think I'm doing pretty good considering these cravings! Lol. Supposed to go out for su****onight so I'm hoping I can keep my calories low enough today to allow for dinner.

QOTD: Here we have some cool nights every now and then, but it doesn't consistently stay cold until around the end of November.....I say that, but it's not unusual for us to have an 80 degrees Christmas Day. So I guess it varies. The past few days have been cool enough just to leave the windows open, but yesterday and the day before was warm again. So to answer the question, I'd say the temps would have to be in the 40's. I'm from the south so technically 50 is cold to me! Lol. Now since surgery I stay cold all the time! I do have a space heater in my bedroom though so I try to use that as much as possible before I turn the central heat on. I've even been known to use my space heater in the summer. I'm just always cold now. Haha

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: sushi

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit if still hungry

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 10/9/20 4:52 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends ! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Busy day today with work till 4,bath for Lily,some cleaning and laundry. Need to get my weekend stuff done so we can drive 11/2 hours to the in laws tomorrow to spend the day with them and our son Rudy and his wife,Dani,who are down for the weekend from Minneapolis. It's been nearly a year since we've seen them both. Miss Lily will go along for the day too! Accountability was perfect food wise but I only had 7,233 steps. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L serving of protein waffles with sugar free syrup D 4 oz. cheddar brats. Pic is fungi we found in the mulch here. Not much exciting here in the middle of the cornfields!

supershopper
on 10/9/20 4:54 am

hi all

so looking forward to this weekend it has been a long week for me.

QOTD: its already on and we are in GA/TN area. Trying not to use it much in GA since we need to get the propane tank refilled and that gets expensive. In GA we also have one of those black wood burning stoves we installed a few years ago that you could cook food on once it heats up. I have once when the electricity went out. its handy. heats up the entire house also. it needs to be chimney swept so waiting on that to happen then also need some wood.

food went pretty well last night - under my 'points' so that is good. I have a good amount banked up I think from my overages.

went to target and got the premier protein oats apple and it is GOOD tastes like an apple pie. so thinking of cool things to do with it... the maple one is also very good

food plan

b: iced coffee with califa farms pumpkin spice creamer

shake?

b2: eggs/slice of 35 cal bread

l: I have this chicken I cooked need to so something with it

s:?

d: beef fajitas/ff refried beans

s:?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 10/9/20 5:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I never get premade shakes so I am out of the loop on this--what's the deal with the oats? Is it chunky or blended in? Flavor sounds yummy! I had the Fit Frappe Chai with Pumpkin Spice coffee the other day and it was AMAZING!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 10/9/20 5:59 am

its blended in- has some carbs due to oats but added fiber... 3 points.

both are really good depending on taste. my local outlet has the 4 packs for $3 so I really went all out on the maple ones.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 10/9/20 6:38 am, edited 10/8/20 11:40 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

When I started My Job 24 years ago we were in a old bank building with steam heat. I would make Tuna Melts and wrap them in foil and set them on the radiator. At lunch they were perfectly toasted and gooey. I actually miss that steam heat.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/20 4:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad things didn't blow up yesterday - it didn't occur to me that the principals would be doing the teaching. I am just floored by all this.

So I voted this morning! My mail-in ballot came yesterday. I was thinking that DS would have to send it to me but it arrived just in time.

Here is my latest project (packing for Florida departure in 3 days):

QOTD: I just turn on the heat when it is too darn cold in the house - certainly if it gets under 65. I have had the main heat on twice, but I turn the gas fireplace that heats my sunroom on whenever I am in there and feeling cold:

TSS: 4 years, 6 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: Deli chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: ? (may be out to dinner one last time in Massachusetts with Mike)

S: WW banana protein muffins

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 10/9/20 5:13 am - Warren, OH

Your sunroom is so beautiful. I think you are doing a great job with packing. Sometimes I used to laugh at some of my sister-in-laws. We would rent a condo for a week and they would show up with ten bins of things to carry in and out of the house. Of course, they never did the carrying. My brothers would have to do that.

It would be enough clothes for a month, kitchen appliances like a deep fryer in case they caught fish, paper products that they found on sale, and tons of snacks. I carried one suitcase and got paper plates or toilet paper at the store across the road from where we stayed. I used to wonder if one day they would arrive with their sofa because it was more comfortable.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/20 5:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you! We added the sunroom and garage when we moved to the Cape full time. It would be hard for me to give it up and move to a condo. A lot of the pictures including the arrangement of them were driven by DH. It was sort of his mini-museum.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views