What's on your Wednesday Menu?

White Dove
on 2/14/24 9:10 am - Warren, OH

When I was growing up we had a lot of Greek families in our neighborhood. They celebrated Easter a week after we did. My mother thought it was so unfair that they could buy all their Easter candy at the sale price after our Easter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 2/14/24 11:21 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Evil genius.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 2/14/24 4:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Last night I cleared out most of our basement family room so the movers can get the new (to us - it's MIL's) furniture down there on Friday. I must admit, that is a really nice room. Very spacious with a fireplace. There's a quarter of it still piled with stuff that I don't really have to move right now. There's no new furniture going in that part, so I'll get to it next week. I really want to get that room shipshape so we can start actually using it for something other than storage. The carpeting is a mess, though. Pet stains and years of not cleaning/vacuuming it. We decided we'll have it recarpeted this summer or fall. DH originally wanted to have it done before we moved the new furniture in, but it would have been too much work to move everything out (there are bookshelves full of books in there, too) on top of the enormous task of getting MIL's apt cleared out, which took priority. We can just do it this summer. In the mean time, I'm buying a carpet cleaner today. That should help quite a bit, I think.

I applied to be a volunteer at our city's film festival in April. I hope I'm selected! I think it would be fun - plus volunteers get free tickets to the films to boot!!

QOTD: I went to three elementary schools (we moved a lot). Kindergarten was just half day, so that didn't count. Grades 1 & 2 everyone went home since there was no cafeteria in the school. Grades 3-5: too far to walk home for lunch, and that school DID have a cafeteria. It really depended on what they were serving. I think like Grim, it was kind of 50/50 for me. Grade 6 - that school also had a cafeteria, but I only lived two blocks away from the school, so I always went home for lunch.

I think I'm going to take a phentermine tablet today since my weight is up a bit. I've done pretty well the past few days so I think it's mostly water (or full intestines), but still, I'm uncomfortable and I don't want to add any more to it. That said:

coffee with half & half

skyr or Greek yogurt

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie (?)

Ratio yogurt - or maybe a couple of cheese sticks

not sure about dinner. I had my 1/2 veggie burger last night (finally!). May do that again...or..???

anyway, have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/14/24 5:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning and Happy Valentines day ~ I hope you have good weather for all the driving today and hope your mom does well. I had a successful day at the office yesterday. Today should be too, I just really want to knock out this report and move on with the month. We have a potluck happening today, a nacho/baked potato bar. I'm bringing my chili, so something safe/menu friendly. If Rob and I celebrate, it'll be this weekend. There is a cute little Italian place down the road and the menu had us drooling. I still need to pick him up some See's truffles and there will be a huge line today - why did I wait? I just saw they have online shop/pick up and door dash. That will save me a ton of time.

QOTD - Both. Most days I had a sandwich and a piece of fruit but cafeteria a lot too. Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes were my favorite. I actually dreamed of bringing SpagettiO's in a thermos, fancy jello jigglers and a pre-sectioned orange in a baggie. I thought those things were the coolest lunch items ever!

Accountability - good - moved things around came in under cals. 185.4 today and bloated. I want to stay on track today - the sweets will not bug me, but all that nacho bar stuff might.

B- coffee x 4, yogurt w/strawberries and raspberries

l - chili w/onions, cilantro, jalapenos, FF cheese, 2/25 cal corn tortillas microwaved into crispy chips.

d-breakfast burrito

s- 0

830/79

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 175!! GW 175 (6/14/24)

Emiepie
on 2/14/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope your mom's surgery goes well and that you have a safe commute both ways. Thank you for gathering all the feedback and sharing it for all of us.

QOTD: I took my lunch almost every day too. I can still remember the lays chips tasting like bananas on the days they were packed together.

Menu

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Smoked pork loin, edamame, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1378 Protein:128 Carbs:143 Fat:58

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 2/14/24 6:12 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Humpty Hump!

You know that I'm a big Squishmallow guy.

Well apparently Build-A-Bear has come out with a product called Skoosherz, which is a little too like the vaunted Squishmallow toy for certain people's likings.

And since, as luck would have it, Squishmallow is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, those certain people include none other than Warren Buffett. (As an aside, Warren and Jimmy Buffett actually had genetic testing to see if they were related, but weren't). And although they may make huggable Pachyderms, Squishmallow does not represent the "Elephant Sized" acquisition that Warren has been talking about for the last few years. Instead it's a sub of a sub of a company acquired by Berkshire a couple of years ago. Plus Warren is now plenty happy to collect 5% on short term treasury paper.

Small though it may be, Squishmallow is on Warren's radar. At the Berkshire shareholders meeting, stock owners were given the chance to acquire squeezable plush dolls of Warren and the late Charlie Munger. Because who does't want a stuffed, 100 year old, finance guy for their bedstand.

In any case, Berkshire and Build-A-Bear are off to Court, with filings indicating that the Skoosherz look and feel, face shape, and toy colors are a little too close to those of Squishmallow.

I got a platter at the local cheese shop for Valentines day. It's called Love Stinks and includes a heart shaped goat cheese, another cheese made into flowers that look like carnations, prosciutto, Sopresetta, almonds, cherry spread, baguette and chocolate mouse cups. it comes with a bottle of Tempranillo, so we will hopefully, enjoy that little treat for Valentines Day and Happy Hour this evening.

QOTD: Exactly the same, QJB. Were the homemade lunches made lovingly out of concern for our little healths or mere economizing? We will never know.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Love Stinks platter

Have a great Day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 2/14/24 11:20 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

This is the Tete De Moines I been buying at Aldi I am in love with it so very fitting for Valenitnes. tBuy Tete De Moine AOC Monk's Head Cheese at Pong Cheese

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/14/24 6:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hello from the middle of nowhere Netherlands! The nice thing about AMS airport being so big is that I did get most of my steps before getting to the rental car pick up this morning. Winning! I had to march in place while listening to evening conference calls to get My last 2500 yesterday so it's much better

qotd - school lunch as long as I can rememeber

menu today has been interesting

coffee and yogurt at airport...but then they had almond and black current croissants so I nibbled on one for the whole flight...then we got here just before lunch and apparently on Wednesdays they order in French fries and these croquettes that are like some type of curry+noodles. I had to give it all a try and the croquette was delicious! It was also all carbs so I had a chomps a bit later. We have a team dinner tonight but no idea where we are going. No work out today and we're staying at a non chain hotel in the country but I am sure they have a gym so I can get one tomorrow or it seems like I can get out for a walk at least.

today is my 6 surgiversary. Today's eating like an assh*le aside, I am still grateful for the new approach to life my choice gave me and appreciate the incredible friends I have made here.

happy Wednesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 2/14/24 7:09 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Congrats on your surgiversary. You look mahhhvelous.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 2/14/24 7:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy surgiversary!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 96 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?