karenp8’s Posts

karenp8
on 6/23/12 2:48 am
Topic: RE: Now I See...
What a beautiful picture!
karenp8
on 6/21/12 11:34 pm
Topic: RE: Disappointing start to the day....kind of funny though
Too funny! At least you gave me a laugh to start my day!
karenp8
on 6/14/12 11:41 pm
Topic: RE: OT/ My mom died today
I am so sorry Deb. I am happy that it was peaceful for her and most of all that you were there. When my mom died she was in the hospital but doctors did not think her condition was that serious so I was not there. That is one of my biggest regrets. The hurt and loss doesn't go away but it does get a little easier each year. I will keep you and your twin sister in my prayers.
karenp8
on 6/13/12 12:34 am
Topic: RE: OT- update on my kitty
I'm glad to hear that Kelly! Give kitty a pet for me.
karenp8
on 6/12/12 11:59 pm
Topic: RE: Goal
Way to go! You have done such a great job!
karenp8
on 6/12/12 5:36 am
Topic: RE: new here
I have been lurking here for awhile and posting recently so wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Karen and I live in central Illinois. I am scheduled for appointments next week to begin the process to have RNY surgery. I am 52 years old and am a wife to a very supportive husband and mother to two college age boys. I have been overweight my whole life and have tried all the diets even the crazy ones like the grapefruit diet and the cabbage diet. When I was younger I did lose weight almost to a normal weight for my height but only was able to keep it off for a little over a year. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis which is exacerbated by my weight and have high blood pressure and hyperlipidemia. I am headed for diabetes like both my parents had. I am ready to take this step for myself so that I can be around to see my sons grow up. I want to be able to go in a restaurant and eat at a booth without wondering if everyone is watching me eat. I want to be able to feel comfortable going out on the pontoon boat that has been sitting unused in the yard. Most of all I want to be healthy!! Thank you so much for all I have learned here even when I was just lurking!! 
karenp8
on 6/12/12 2:42 am
Topic: RE: hcg shots
They are the fad in central Illinois too. Supposedly the shots help you to not feel hungry like you obviously would if you are only eating 500 calories a day. 
karenp8
on 6/12/12 2:20 am
Topic: RE: normal lab values
Thanks so much for this info Kelly. I'm going to keep it in my file of papers for reference after my sugery. My primary care doctors office is in the same medical group as my surgeons and I can access all my medical records online. I love it! Prior to that I drove my doctors office crazy asking for copies of my lab results. 
karenp8
on 6/12/12 2:15 am
Topic: RE: OT - I think my kitty's cancer is back
I am so sorry Kelly. I know that our pets are so special to us because of the unconditional love they always give us. I always tell my two boys that my dog and cats are my other children--the ones who listen and behave!! My dog is very old and I hate the thought but know his time will come before long. At least you know that you have given her a happy happy life! Just enjoy the time you have and shower her with lots of love!! 
karenp8
on 6/11/12 4:11 am
Topic: RE: Almost 2 Years Post Op- PCOS Gone!!!
Congratulations! You have every right to be excited!
karenp8
on 6/10/12 11:23 am
Topic: RE: Picture Time!
You look beautiful! I haven't had surgery yet and can't wait til the thought of having a picture doesn't make me sick.l
karenp8
on 6/10/12 11:17 am
Topic: RE: I'd love to celebrate these NSVs...but I just can't...
I am so proud of you for all you have accomplished and for all that is to come. I haven't had my surgery yet and can't wait for the time when I can be more active just like you. You are my idol!! 
karenp8
on 6/10/12 4:10 am
Topic: RE: Newbie: Surgery Tomorrow!
Glad to meet you Nancy and good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I have not had surgery yet--just beginning my appointments now. I know what you mean about the weight being hard on your joints. I too have rheumatoid arthritis and have had both partial and total knee replacements. I am way more than 50 pounds overweight though and can't wait to have surgery so I can begin to lead a healthy full life like never before. Let us know how your surgery goes and keep posting here! 
karenp8
on 6/8/12 6:44 am
Topic: RE: wondering about carbonated beverages? Don't!
Thank you for sharing your lesson. I haven't had surgery yet but think that diet soda is one of the few things I will miss. Guess we just have to keep the goal in sight!
Most Active