karenp8’s Posts

karenp8
on 9/24/20 10:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

I bought individual cornbread disks at the grocery store. They are small,probably about 5 bites and usually Miss Lily gets one or two of the bites as well. They also had square pans but I would eat that all at one time too. Since these are preportioned it helps me have self control.

karenp8
on 9/24/20 5:07 am

Quick post as it's time to get hubby moving for work. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and I got my evening walk in too,even though I went alone. Also took an extra short walk with Lily since she didn't want to go far. Weight today is 120.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup D 3/4 c chili with cheese and a small piece of cornbread. Have a good day and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/23/20 5:14 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. At least I will. Food choices were good yesterday but I skipped my evening walk. I can't let myself get in the habit of that. QOTD anywhere with water and some woods and hubby and Miss Lily! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L sm piece thin crust meat pizza leftover from last night D 4 oz grilled shrimp. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/21/20 5:02 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Quick post before I have to wake hubby up for work. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Some evenings lately she hasn't wanted to do a long walk,so I just let her do what she wants and go more by myself. QOTD my mind is blank right now. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz lamb roast. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone! Time for some coffee!

karenp8
on 9/18/20 5:04 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

This is a Friday of miracles! Youngest son has been six weeks with no money as he's been waiting for a decision on his eligibility for unemployment. Today the money is there. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L taco salad D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. QOTD how to put down the snap together flooring. Pics are from Pine Creek camp:the creek,a weird burl on a tree and Lily at her favorite watering hole.

karenp8
on 9/17/20 10:16 am

I average 10,000 steps a day. Usually a bit less on weekends but way more during the week when we are working. Yesterday I had over 12,000.

karenp8
on 9/17/20 4:38 am

Good morning menu friends! QOTD Spongebob would be my pick. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.6 today. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Neither one of us was.very motivated this morning but we did it anyway. After 8 years at this I guess that's to be expected sometimes. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili D 3 oz ribeye and 2 slices fried green tomato. Can't wait for the tomatoes! Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/16/20 10:00 am

It's great in oatmeal too. It makes it feel like fall is here,just like pumpkin spice coffee!

karenp8
on 9/16/20 4:57 am

Quick post here as it's time to start getting hubby up for work. Miss Lily and I have one walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. The last two days I've had people ask me if I've lost more weight. Couldn't figure out why as my weight is the same as always but I think it was because I had skinny jeans on both days so they could really see how little my legs and butt are. Most times my clothes are pretty baggy! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c lobster bisque D 4 oz ribeye. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/15/20 3:54 pm
Topic: RE: How long did your surgery take (RNY) ?

Mine took a bit over an hour and a half and he repaired a hiatal hernia too. I was walking an hour after I got back to my room and home the next day. I had a pain ball filled with numbing medication and took nothing else except Tylenol.

karenp8
on 9/15/20 5:19 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu? ?

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. We both love the cooler temperatures for our walks and that and pumpkin spice coffee is my answer to QOTD. Went to Goodwill last night and found some new sweaters and Jean's. I decided I need to replace some things as most of my sweaters are from when I had my surgery--8 years ago! Yes I'm a bit frugal! Notice I went to Goodwill not Kohl's! Found a sweater and jeans from Hollister and a sweater and jeans from American Eagle all for 30 dollars. Being in urban areas makes a big difference in the quality and brands of clothes you find for sure. Accountability was perfect both food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c black bean soup D last of the foo parties. Pretty good to get 3 meals out of one order! Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone! More pics from Pine Creek camp,just because!

karenp8
on 9/14/20 5:23 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later on. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 egg fu young patty D not sure. QOTD hot always. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/13/20 9:05 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu?

It's great to have good internet again but Miss Lily and I will miss the beautiful woods we walked in. We've already signed up to go to the same two Indiana camps in 2021.

karenp8
on 9/13/20 6:08 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu?

Good morning menu friends! Thanks for starting us out, Melody! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do 2more later. Plans for today include vacuuming and cleaning the camper and washing the bed linens. Nothing exciting for sure. QOTD hawks and owls. I think all raptors are fascinating. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chili D 4 oz cashew chicken no rice. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/12/20 10:48 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu?

We really enjoy it. It's fun working with different couples every 3 weeks and doing different work too. I've gained lots of new skills too. And the last camp is just gorgeous. There will be more pictures to come!

karenp8
on 9/12/20 7:06 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu?

I'm finally back to civilization where there is more than one TV channel that shows Walker,Texas Ranger all night long and there is real internet. Yes! We did have fun at both camps in Indiana and I got amazing pictures to share from the last one. Now we're back at the distribution center near Chatham Illinois for the rest of the year with breaks at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Miss Lily and I have gotten plenty of walking in and weight has been stable too. We've already got our walk in this am before the downpour started and weight is 120.6 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz baked chicken D 4oz burger with cheese and no bun. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone! Camp pics to follow.

karenp8
on 8/22/20 3:55 am

Quick post today as we're getting packed up and driving 3 plus hours to the Pine Village Indiana where we'll be working at Pine Creek camp for 3 weeks. Busy day tearing down and packing things up and setting them back up again. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L cheese and pastrami on the road D whatever hubby feels like making. Pics are of the woods here at Camp Indicoso and the indomitable Miss Lily.

karenp8
on 8/22/20 3:47 am

Great pictures!

karenp8
on 8/20/20 3:03 am

Last official day of work for our project here at Camp Indicoso near Springville Indiana. A few of us may put in a couple hours tomorrow morning as we're starting something new today and one of the other couples is staying til Saturday am too. They are also going to work at Pine Creek camp next week too. Both are good hard workers so that's great. Miss Lily and I will head out in a few minutes for our first walk and will do 2 more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. QOTD Payday is my favorite by far although somedays I would eat any sweet I could find ! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz ham salad D 4 oz ground beef with cheese and no bun. Need to do better on the liquids today so that's a goal. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone !

karenp8
on 8/19/20 9:56 am

That's something my hubby would do too!

karenp8
on 8/19/20 3:21 am

Good morning menu friends! Quick post before Miss Lily and I head out for our walk. We'll do two more later too! Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Two more work days here and then Saturday we head north to Pine Village Indiana and Pine Creek Camp. Friday we'll spend the day stocking up and getting ready for the drive Saturday. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz ham salad D 4 oz pulled pork. The camp director is providing supper. QOTD you're going to laugh but a Dewalt leafblower. I use it all the time on our work trips. What can I say? I want to buy their cordless weed eater too. I can never get the gas powered ones started. Have a good day and stay safe everyone !

karenp8
on 8/18/20 3:05 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! QOTD I tend to get things done early. Of my 2 boys,one is an early bird and one is a procrastinator. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. Miss Lily and I will head out for our first walk in a few minutes and will do 2 more later. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz ham salad D 4 oz ground beef with cheese. No snacks and plenty of fluids today too. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 8/17/20 9:58 am
Topic: RE: What?s On Your Monday Menu?

I love Texas Roadhouse. It's been too long since we've been there. Now I'm hungry for it!

karenp8
on 8/17/20 9:56 am

Very neat affirmations! We all need to hear that often so we can start to believe it.

karenp8
on 8/17/20 4:25 am

Quick post as almost time for work. Miss Lily and I got our first walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz Italian sausage. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone ! Time for some coffee!!

Most Active