Julia S.’s Posts

Julia S.
on 5/13/24 8:19 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

QOTD- Not that I can come up with now.

My right eye is giving me problems. It started Saturday with stabbing pain, I was hoping it was nothing and would go away. So I waited until Sunday and I was going to go to urgent care but they weren't open. I have an appointment later today. Not my normal clinic but at least I got an appointment. I'm hoping it's something simple, because I'm not enjoying the pain, or light sensitivity.

I met my new neighbors Friday and enjoyed chatting with them and my next door neighbors. They were having a garage sale so we all stood around and chatted. We were in the shade but it was really hot out. There is a neighborhood lunch tomorrow and I will be going. It's at a really good Italian restaurant.

I really got nothing accomplished this weekend. But enjoyed chatting with the neighbors.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Julia S.
on 5/13/24 8:10 am

My little girl has peed outside of the litter box several times. I did get her checked and she had crystals in her urine so is now on a special diet. But she appears to think that any box is a litter box, she peed in the empty box from Amazon, as well as on my fuzzy blanket on my chair. I took her back to the vet and had her tested and there is nothing wrong. I also had her tested for kidney issues since her sister had kidney failure. Just don't give her an empty box, or leave the blanket out.

Julia S.
on 5/10/24 9:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

QOTD- Veggie burger, real tomato (in season), lettuce, dill pickles, mustard & ketchup. I haven't had one in years.

I didn't make it to the nature park, too hot was my excuse and my fitbit went dead and I know I didn't get very many steps in. I probably need to buy another one, but I honestly have probably 6 of them. I don't want something I have to wear on my wrist, I don't even wear a watch. My roommate gave me a pocke****ch a few years ago but it bit the dust, a replacement is what I wanted for Christmas, maybe next year.

My tulips by the front door, and my lilac tree.

It supposed to be 87 today, so unless I can go walk soon it will definitely be too hot.

Julia S.
on 5/9/24 8:28 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

QOTD- I haven't been wearing my Fitbit but I put it on after reading this. I too will try to up my steps. Today is supposed to be 80 so I'm going to the nature park for those steps.

My roommate is still looking for work, I hope he gets something soon. I can't afford to keep subsidizing him, not complaining as he was there when I needed a place to stay.

My mind has been wandering today, bringing up random unrelated memories. I need to focus and get to work.

Julia S.
on 5/8/24 9:16 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

QOTD- I'm contemplating replacing my flooring throughout my house, I'm thinking vinyl plank flooring. I did laminate in the 3 bedrooms of my last house, the worst part was moving things from room to room so I could do the floor. I did it all by myself, but my Mom asked me how many years ago was that? I'm not that old! But it did make me think is this a project I really want to take on?

For some reason this week has flown by. I was thinking it was Tuesday. Still struggling with the drawing program at work but have tried to just take it slowly and not get frustrated. Easier said than done. I finally gave up and did the last job in our old system, I did put the new stuff in the new program but did my prints in the old program. I'll keep using it until I lose access.

We're going from mid 50's to mid to high 80's this weekend. I really need to replace my windows, they are single pane with single pane storm windows. It doesn't help that they all face East (my bedroom) and West my roommates bedroom and the office and sewing room, so they really heat up in the afternoon. I have mini blinds and insulated drapes, not that they help much. I just need to remember to close the blinds and drapes in the afternoon. And being a 2 story house the A/C is not always consistent, I try to use the room sensors and cool or heat to the warmest room. My office on Monday was 90 in the afternoon, I hadn't closed the blinds or drapes. Maybe when I get my Social Security I can afford to replace them, or at least put it on the list of things that I need to do.

I need to get back to it. So have a great day everyone!

Julia S.
on 5/6/24 7:39 am

QOTD- To trust or not to trust that the Genie wouldn't do something horrible with my wish, right now I wish we would go back to our old drawing program.

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare was good, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to see Henry Cavills famous 8-pack and his cleft chin was hidden under a beard. Unfortunately I had 2 laughing hyenas directly behind me, they laughed at everything most of it was not funny. Now I have to read the book since this was a true story and the main character is who Ian Fleming based 007 on, in real life Ian Fleming was an intelligence officer during the war and a character in this movie.

I looked over and saw my little girl wearing an empty tissue box, I tried to follow her to get it off of her but she managed to get out of it. I have a paper bag next to my desk that I put my recycling in, and she had gotten it out of there and managed to wear it. Cats are always entertaining.

I need to get to work.

Julia S.
on 5/3/24 6:53 am

QOTD- I'm probably a 5, I loved the first 3 hated the prequels but love the Mandalorian and some of the newer movies.

I actually got a job done, sort of in the new program. Of course it would not print correctly so I will need to get back on the help call this morning. I just took my time and tried not to stress. Still frustrating. But it's Friday.

I'm hoping to see The Department of Ungentlemanly Warfare this weekend. It looks good. I just need a movie and of course the popcorn to go with it.

I've been such a slug, my side is still hurting so I've tried not to aggravate it and haven't even gone walking. I need to get my **** together and move!

Going back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Julia S.
on 5/2/24 7:12 am

QOTD- Grumpy Weather (it's accurate and who doesn't love Grumpy Cat?) and the Weather Channel.

Yesterday I filed for Social Security, I won't get it until October but I'm thrilled. I stated the app on 4/29 but found out you can only go out 4 months which put me in August a month short. So I called. Call number 1) 45 minutes on hold and then I was dropped. Call number 2) 1:45 minutes and no real resolution other than since you haven't submitted the application yet you should be OK. Well it did turn out OK. For me I won't be able to retire but with the extra money I should be able to pay down my bills so maybe someday I can actually quit working.

Still struggling with the new program at work, trying to not let it drive me crazy. I also have to figure out some budget issues on one of my older jobs. I'll try to do that this morning. Then I get my nails done this afternoon. That's all I have for today.

Julia S.
on 5/1/24 8:44 am

Ditto with the plantar fasciitis I used to wear my custom orthotics all the time. I never go barefoot and my go to shoes are Merrell that have great arch support.

Julia S.
on 4/29/24 6:55 am

QOTD- I used to like Hawaiian and Alaska, but I haven't flown in a few years. Hawaiian's first class is really nice, Alaska not so much.

I did meet up with the guy I was chatting with and let me tell you I have come to the conclusion the most men are creeps. He definitely was. I blocked him and removed my profile. I'm not going to do this again.

Work still sucks, the new program is worse than any of us thought it would be.

I need to make my coffee and get to work.

Julia S.
on 4/25/24 8:19 am

QOTD- I can't even remember.

Sheila I loved the Vespa with the side car, and all of the food looks amazing. What a fun time.

I need to take my kitty to the vet, she peed in my chair and I'm worried she has a UTI. Last time it was crystals in her urine and we've had her on a special diet but I don't know. She worries me.

I've been chatting with this guy I met through Facebook dating. My roommate thinks he's a scammer, he wants to meet today and I'm not so sure. He wanted to cook me dinner tonight, but I told him I wasn't comfortable going to his apartment without at least meeting him first in a public place. He wants to do Starbucks today, I think I'm going to try to postpone it. My roommate talked me into doing this and I'm not good at it. He seems like a nice man, but he may not be real. It's so hard to say.

Work still stinks, which is more polite than I usually say. I need to get to it.

Julia S.
on 4/25/24 8:05 am

I'm hoping Seattle can get Bo Nix, but I doubt it. I may tune in to see a little of the draft tonight.

Julia S.
on 4/24/24 9:42 am

I love that meme!

Work is torture, the new program just stinks. I've been so unproductive and frustrated. No actual work produced, my job was due yesterday so I'm not sure how to get this done. I hate feeling like I'm stupid and this makes me feel that way, but I'm not the only one. Everyone else is struggling.

QOTD- 12" no way would I want to be 12'.

I supposed I'd better get back to struggling with work.

Julia S.
on 4/24/24 9:08 am

I loved the end of Ghostbusters it made me laugh, those little guys are so cute!

Julia S.
on 4/22/24 8:38 am

QOTD- If it's something short text, if not phone call.

I got my 4 butterfly bushes and star jasmine planted on Saturday. The ground is so hard it was a real struggle, but they are in the ground. The butterfly bushes were only in 4" pots but the ground and the roots were a pain. I think it's clay soil since it is so hard. I put little white tags at the base of the butterfly bushes to prevent the lawn guys from thinking they are weeds. I had a lupine plant that last year I grew from seed and transplanted it but apparently the lawns guys thought it was a weed and it is gone...I've got some small ones from seed and I will put the little white pot tags next to them to hopefully prevent future "weeding".

I'm struggling with work, and have a call at 9, so I'd better get to it.

Julia S.
on 4/19/24 6:58 am

QOTD- I have to say Oregon, we have ocean, mountains, the gorge and desert. We have gorgeous summers and our annual snowfall where I live is 3" so not very often or very much. Yes we have rain but that's why this side of the mountain stays so green. I learned the hard way that this is where I'm supposed to be.

Last day I can actually get any work done. The system cuts over tonight. I got 2 of my jobs done, I can make changes in Adobe Acrobat if I have to but they are designed and converted to .pdf so I should be good. I'm hoping to get another one done today so I won't have to struggle with the new program on Monday.

It's between heat and A/C today. My upstairs is hot by the afternoon, but the downstairs stays cool. Last night I finally turned on the A/C to cool my bedroom so I could sleep. I'm cold this morning, not sure if I want to turn the heat on or not. My office is 68 and that is a little chilly to work in.

Julia S.
on 4/17/24 8:38 am

QOTD- I used to drink my way through them to deal with my social anxiety disorder, and that did not help my weight. The last social situation was a remembrance for my coworker. It was at a restaurant and I had one drink and nothing to eat, which was OK. I don't really have a social life, so it's not a problem.

We did have frost last night, I covered my strawberries with a tarp and they are fine. Now I just need to fence out the squirrels so I actually get more than 1 berry this year. Allergies are hitting me hard, feel like I'm in a tunnel my nose is stuffed and my ears are plugged. Not a good feeling. I took an antihistimine so I hope it will clear soon.

Not much going on, I did the 3rd class for our new drawing program and I did find out some of the things that I need to know. It's going to be a pain. We cut on Friday and I'm dreading it.

I've procrastinated enough, I need to get to work and actually get something done.

Julia S.
on 4/16/24 7:59 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

QOTD- Fruit, yogurt and cheese, some days that's what I survive on.

I had gerd pre-op and ulcers post-op so I'm on omeprazole twice a day probably for life. I hope you get it under control because it's so awful.

Frost warning for tonight. Isn't it the middle of April? Boy was the Farmers Almanac wrong they said the last day of frost would be February 23rd. Good thing my little plants are still on the glassed in front porch. On sunny days it's toasty out there, but you can open the sliding glass doors and it's basically a screened in porch. One of the things that I love about this house.

I really need to get some work done, I've been procrastinating and I have to do another class at 2:30 today. So I'd better get to it.

Julia S.
on 4/15/24 8:02 am

I love the meme that is about how I feel. I also love the cat Grudge from Star Trek Discovery "she's a queen!" Actually a very large gray Maine Coon that is a male, but does it really matter?

QOTD- None that I know of, being a contractor I miss holidays, I guess I didn't appreciate them enough when I had them. That and PTO.

I managed to run into the post in the hallway and am bruised all up and down my side. If I'd broken any ribs it would hurt a whole lot worse. So yesterday was not very productive, just laundry, changing the sheets and watching TV. I keep missing the UFL games since I don't have ESPN and I guess I'm just not that interested or I'd watch them. I got rid of the Dish and the DVR so I don't really have any way to see them unless I remember and they are on the antenna channels.

I need to get to work.

Julia S.
on 4/13/24 12:13 pm
Topic: RE: What?s the plan for your Saturday?

QOTD- Not raccoons, they used to come in the cat door and eat my cats food. It took a while to figure out what was going on, so I got a cat door that locked and then if I'd forget to lock it they would come in. Owls and bats are cool, I use to hear the great horned owls all the time where I used to live. Plus I saw one flying before down, so amazing and quiet.

I guess I have birds on my mind. When I was taking the annoying class on Tuesday I looked out the window and saw a couple of big birds. They were bigger than crows but black with white under their wings. My Sibley bird book and I agreed that they were probably juvenile eagles. But we could be wrong. My neighbors and I saw an adult eagle a few weeks ago. It was amazing.

Nothing exciting today, I'm trying to talk myself into going to the grocery store, so far it's not working. I'm thinking of going back to my book and recliner. I need lunch and don't know what to make. I really want PB on toast, but it's not very healthy. I have sushi from yesterday, but was saving it for dinner.

I need to get out and enjoy the sun while it's here.

Julia S.
on 4/12/24 8:52 am

Goats are so sweet!

Julia S.
on 4/12/24 8:51 am

QOTD- I think I saw the Nut once, she was pregnant and never came back after the baby. Not that she would have helped much, all of this is learning as we go. What will our pouch tolerate today?

I had a long day yesterday and was supposed to do another class at 2:30 but realized that I had a 3PM nail appointment. Guess which one won? I watched the video of the class this morning so I call that a win. We all agree that this is going to be a disaster but they are going forward with the cutover anyway. They are just throwing everything into the program and then we will have to connect everything and build in the routes and the count. So we honestly are the beta testers. What I do is design commercial orders, if you want a 1-100G ethernet order I design it. The planner determines the route and count and then I draw it up. I have 3 days to complete it, so if nothing is connected how much of those 3 days will I be spending trying to get that part done? The guy that is teaching the classes is in Idaho, so all of his areas are not very complex. It's not like dealing with Redmond Washington where I have it seems like a zillion cables to work with. OK enough *****ing, I have a week left with the program that I know and then they shut off access. So I'd better work quick. I have 3 orders that I need to get done before next Friday.

Julia S.
on 4/9/24 10:30 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

QOTD- Not as often as I should. I've found if I buy a ready made salad usually Greek with feta, craisins, olives and slivered almonds I can eat it before it goes bad. I've given up on the bags of salad they go bad before I can eat them. I do love baby carrots and broccoli, my favorite is snow peas raw.

As predicted there was no eclipse here, just clouds all day. It's funny when I was 18 and stationed at 29 Palms I complained to my Mom that there were no clouds, just endless blue sky. That I wanted to see a cloud.

My yard guys mistook a lupine that I grew from seed last year and transplanted to the yard for a weed and now it's gone. I was so proud of it that it was coming back and getting bigger. I guess I'm going to have to put labels on the plants to avoid this in the future. I ordered a couple of plants for my yard at star jasmine and a butterfly bush. I need more color and good scents in my yard.

I need to get back to work.

Julia S.
on 4/9/24 8:11 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

So sorry about Sunny, they always take a piece of out heart.

Julia S.
on 4/8/24 8:54 am

QOTD- No chance here, it's cloudy and we won't have much coverage since we aren't really in the path of totality. I had glasses for the last one but have no idea where they went.

I did make it to a movie on Friday. I saw the new Ghostbusters movie. It was fun, a little slow at times but a lot of fun. Stay after the credits for a laugh, plus it closes with the Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters song. I still love that song!

I didn't get anything accomplished this weekend except for relaxing. I'm up to season 8 of Dr Who so now it's in color, and up to the 3rd Dr.

Work will be a slog this week, 2 classes after my shift that I'm not looking forward to. I need to keep my mouth zipped and not say anything. I have a teams meeting that I need to go to.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 482 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?