quick question

Lisa S.
on 9/6/04 12:55 pm - phila, PA
Just wondering how long most of you stayed in the hospital for vbg. When I was first inquiring about wls I wanted to have RNY and the hospital stay was 2 days and I think this VBG is 2 days also but I'm not sure. How long is average? Thanks Lisa VGB 9/8/04
Allyson H.
on 9/6/04 1:00 pm - San Jose, ca
Hi Lisa , I was to stay 4 day after but I had a temp. so I had to stay a few more days . my doc make eveyone stay 4 day after. walk as much as you can it helps get the temp down and the tummy working and the gas moving . allyson
Janna G.
on 9/6/04 2:53 pm - TX
Hi Lisa, I stayed 4 days. I had the open vbg. We had to go down to x-ray early every morning for a chest x-ray. They ask you to take a deep breathe and then they would take the picture. A couple of patients had to stay extra if their lungs were`nt up to par. So its important to use that breathing exerciser they give you. And when its time for the picure, really suck in as hard as you can. Did anyone else have to do this?
Lisa S.
on 9/6/04 3:28 pm - phila, PA
I will suck as much air as humanly possible@!!!!!! I want to be the model patient and be released early. Oh how I pray. School starts for my son tomorrow and I kinda wanted to be home just in case there is a problems. one more thing to worry about. tlak to you all soon. Love and prayers. Lisa
Lisa S.
on 9/6/04 9:56 pm - phila, PA
Well I guess I spoke too soon about the first day of school and my son becasue he was suspended before he made it into the school. I told the guy how can you be calling me it's 7:23 the first class starts at 7:22 but found out that he was outside with a group of kids that were smoking and they all ran my son did not so guess who got suspened!!! Well I guess I don't have to worry while I'm in the hospital because he will be home now!!!! ughhhhhhhh. Anyway I will try to do my best to get home the fastest way possible.
Allyson H.
on 9/7/04 3:24 am - San Jose, ca
lisa I forgot one thing you will want to do take a big dress or big pants the IV will put 10 to 15 lb of water on it comes off in the frist few days but some smaller pants may not fit for the trip home. good luck allyson
GLORIA M.
on 9/7/04 4:15 am - MISSOURI CITY, TX
i went in on moday at 5:30am until 11:00 am thursday. everything went well. i had on problem. good luck.
Natalee
on 9/7/04 9:48 am - Edmond, OK
I went in Monday morning at 5:30 am and they did my lab and ekg. I was so nervous something would go wrong and they'd cancel , but I worried for nothing. I went home at 10:00 on Thursday. I don't think I ever had a chest x-ray, and I also never had the breathing thing. My timeline was like this...Monday-surgery, no ice until around 6:00pm, Tuesday evening the NG tube came out, Wednesday morning I got clear liquids and the Catheter (sp?) came out, Thursday morning the doctor removed my two drain tubes, wrote my prescriptions, and I went home. Best of luck Lisa...I know you'll do great. Just remember every surgeon is different but don't rush your trip home...take time to regain your strength and heal.
Dianne C.
on 9/7/04 10:24 am - Fresno, Tx
Iwas supposed to stay 3 days but stayed 4 because I was one of those people Jana was talking about with the lungs not up to par. Those breathing exercises were hard for me. I don't know if that had anything to do with my sleep apnea or just weak lungs (smile).
Lisa S.
on 9/7/04 1:11 pm - phila, PA
Well I will be going to bed in a few min and when I wake up will be on my way to a new way of life. I'm praying that I can do everything they want me to do ahead of schudule and let me home ASAP. (i'm one of those people who can't sleep anywhere but in my own bed... so I probably won't get any "good" rest until i get home. I will let your guys know as soon as I can send a message. Thank you all for all your words of wisdom. It really means the world to me. God Bless you all. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4319 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8578 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8099 views